OPETH Offered Support Slot On TOOL Tour

I saw Tool for the first time with Isis, and no one had a problem with the growls. And obviously Isis "growls" are dreadful compared to Opeth.

Given the fact I've seen Tool 4 times and they were great shows, I just can't see Opeth opening for them. Tool should open for Opeth, by far.

If Opeth only went to the show to play 3-4 songs I would still go, but still.

Tool is way more recognized and accomplished than Opeth no matter how much that hurts some of you to hear. A crude, but a worth mentioning example... Tool has 52 million last.fm plays, while Opeth has a little bit more than half that at 28 million.

No matter how you look at it, the tour sponser will do whatever will make them the most money. Tool can get away with doing $100+ arena tours with one opener, while Opeth has never done an arena tour, let alone sold out most mid-sized venues they've played (sadly).

If they were to tour together, Tool would headline and Opeth would open, no question about it.

And that last.fm example is skewed towards Opeth anyway, I mean if you look at concert size, saying Opeth are even half as popular as Tool is really pushing it. I agree completely though.

I found the first part of the blog to be far more entertaining.
"OK, good people, time for another boring post about some retarded little boy that thinks it's fun to pose like me and write 'fun' posts about new OPETH album titles etc.

"To be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone actually believed it was a page run by me. It's so silly that it'd take an enormous amount of ignorance, or booze, to actually fall for this hoax. The page is a Twitter (which I've never even heard of) page and is found at:

http://twitter.com/MikaelAkerfeldt

"If you email this little cretin, tell him to 'fuck off' from me please. But I'd rather you all just ignore him. Once again, the only page actually run by me in person is this one, I don't have Facebook, Twitter or anything else by those standards.

Yeah, I know its a weak example, but it gets the point across. More people know and listen to Tool more than Opeth, but that is partly because of the music Tool plays. Metal isn't for everyone, rock however, appeals to a much larger audience.

Must've been the big band Mike was talking about a while ago.

When I heard that a few weeks ago, TOOL was the first band I thought of since they're gonna tour again next year after this little tour they're starting and making their new album. That would have been awesome to have them on the same set, but at least I've seen them both already.

Tool is way more recognized and accomplished than Opeth no matter how much that hurts some of you to hear. A crude, but a worth mentioning example... Tool has 52 million last.fm plays, while Opeth has a little bit more than half that at 28 million.

No matter how you look at it, the tour sponser will do whatever will make them the most money. Tool can get away with doing $100+ arena tours with one opener, while Opeth has never done an arena tour, let alone sold out most mid-sized venues they've played (sadly).

If they were to tour together, Tool would headline and Opeth would open, no question about it.

Yes I know it will never happen, just wishful thinking. Opeth > Tool imo

Sorta depends how many times you've seen em. Tool put on a better show thanks to being tight as fuck and the badass lightshows and artwork but usually have a pretty bland setlist in comparison to Opeth's since they have so many hits they pretty much have to play whereas Opeth can mix it up as much as they want as long as they play Demon of the Fall or something.

I would love to see Opeth and Tool share a stage, regardless of who opened for who. I hope this tour can happen in the future, maybe now is just not the right time for whatever reasons (promoters, money, travel logistics - who knows?).