Opeth on Wacken and new album release date?!?!?

Anza

May 14, 2006
Okay so I noticed Opeth is playing on Wacken! Very cool I might go. Anyways I wen't to the wacken homepage to read more and found this http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2008/main-news/news/ansicht/article/neue-band-bestaetigt-opeth/

Dear Metalheads,

Legends of experimental Deathmetal "Opeth" are confirmed for the W:O:A 2008. The new still untitled album will be released on 30th may 2008.

actual lineup:
Mikael Åkerfeldt
Fredrik Åkesson
Martin Mendez
Per Wiberg
Martin Axenrot

For further infos click at:
Billing/Bands

Your
W:O:A team

Where have they got that information? Are they just guessing? If it's already known it's gotta be on the official homepage? And ain't that kinda far away. The album's supposed to be recorded and mastered already.

I thought the plan was to release during the American tour with Dream Theatre

From dreamtheater.com:
DREAM THEATER'S "PROGRESSIVE NATION" featuring OPETH, 3 and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME to embark on inaugural tour of North America throughout April & May 2008

It may be at the end of May, but it still fits the time scheme.

p.s. The photo on their Wacken page is fabulous

ugh, that's one thing i hate about the music industry. The album is completely finished and ready to go, except we still have to wait fricking 4 + months for it to come out.

that really sucks ... 30th may ... so I'll only get to hear the new album at the very end of july since I won't be able to get it between may and july. I'm considering going to Wacken for the first time, I wanted to go the last 5 years already but always settled for Graspop, which is much closer for me obviously, but is less death and black oriented. I'll just have to take the 8 hour train ride for granted then.
just don't really get why it takes so long when the album is completely finished ...

ugh, that's one thing i hate about the music industry. The album is completely finished and ready to go, except we still have to wait fricking 4 + months for it to come out.

Yeahp one of the reasons people download music. In Australia alot of people download tv shows because they are always slow in getting here. But IF its done a may release is pathetic. Well done road runner