Opeth @ Rock am Ring 2006, download here

i'll just say, thanks for posting the vid.. first off.

and NFU, i put a frog in my signature to be a smart arse, but I took it off, and now that i know it was an inside joke, i'm glad i did :p and if i had known that from the start aswell i wouldn't have put it....unless of course i knew the inside joke.

meanwhile, thanks again for the vid House of Seance

well, i downloaded the video, looks like this forum is good for something. two things:

1) per's keyboard work in closure was pretty damn cool, i wouldn't be surprised if they start featuring him more

2) mikael's talking between closure and deliverance was one of the single funniest things i've ever seen

ucsbdude said:
How was the crowd reaction to the band on such a huge event?

I havent seen the footage yet.

if you still haven't seen it yet, they were received very well, you can hear a big cheer when Mike says "Deliverance" before going into it

cheers

Mikes singing has improved so much, even since I last saw them in 2004. He has alot more confidence in his range and ability. Closure, Credence, White Cluster and the Leper Affinity all move up a notch with mikes voice. Sure his clean singing was good before now its beautiful.

Yeah, down here in Melbourne... his new clean singing just added a new dimension to old tracks like 'Under the Weeping Moon' 'TNATSW' and 'Moonlapse Vertigo'. I do wonder occasionally how the older tracks would sound re-recorded (properly... not like that BBC radio thing).

Oh hell yeah, the Kaiser Chiefs. I was getting sick of that Opeth shit.

God damn it.

Blackened Rainbow said:
thank you so much for videos!
im still miss lopez:erk:

But I (who used to hate Axe, mainly becouse of lousy Sziget festval perfomance last year) have to admit that Axe have prooven a fucking lot!!! He really does good job on drums now. And maybe it isn't so bad idea to take him in the band as a fulltime player afterall. :kickass:

(you know, how hard is to change your opinion about something you are really sure of :ill: )

Moonlapse said:
I do wonder occasionally how the older tracks would sound re-recorded (properly... not like that BBC radio thing).

Me too. I'd particularly like to hear a new version of 'The Twilight Is My Robe'. The acoustic section, with the clean vocals, is one of the most beautiful passages of music Opeth have done (IMHO), but Mike has nowhere near the vocal ability he does now. I can only imagine how great that would sound had he recorded those vocals now.... *drools*