Opeth

well, then you should have a listen at the 2 new records. :p
arrogance doesn't make their songs worse, but their image. i saw them live a month ago and they were totally amazing except for the fact that they played their songs in such a patronizing way... as if they thought we couldn't live without them. and the announcements and thanks of akerfeldt reflected the impression i got of them very well.

well i don't have any bad comments about the new stuff they recorded, and at least for the drums i can say that lopez really evolved from "blackwater park" to "deliverance". not only in terms of speed (he already had plenty of that when he did the album with amon amarth), but also in terms of complexity. but maybe akerfeldt just allowed him to express himself a bit more on the new record, who knows ;)

I have heard about 2-3 songs of Opeth.. plus one performed by my friends (as instrumental)..
I have started one thread on Opeth forum..
And no, i don´t really like them.

I like Opeth, and I do post on c/ot, but there are too many idiots there... "Post Pimp" Pancakes and all his fucking spam whore followers. I have seen ONE good post by him, ther rest spam... nobody signed up in Nov 2002 should have close to 10000 posts... it should be the people who have been here since 2001...

Steve

Opeth? I like them very very much :D Actually the reason I signed up for UM to begin with was to join the Opeth forum... but lets just say it was a bit too much for me ;) and then I found other interesting places... I do post there occasionally... but I'm not exactly the everyday post whore.
As for arrogance, well, a certain level of is never that bad, imo... And why whine when they make great music...

opeth.jpg

Northern Lights said:
As for arrogance, well, a certain level of is never that bad, imo... And why whine when they make great music...
exactly. when the music's quality is at such a high level (this is subjective, of course) a good dose of arrogance is more than welcome. :D

yeah, i like opeth quite much. :Spin:

Miolo

phyre said:
You sure? "We're so fucking good that we only rehearsed once before recording this album."
Or "i wrote the lyrics at the studio 10 minutes before recording (because i didn't give a flying fuck before)". ;)

@VC: i would, but i don't have 18.5 x 2 euros to spend on them right now, and i can't bother d/l them either. :p
Btw, i listened to Deliverance once some time ago, but it didn't really do much for me.

I don't like Opeth at all. I've never posted in their forum either and never will. I visit a place much worse... and one is enough. :p

I DO like Opeth...I agree that they seem to be a bit arrogant (which is not a REAL bad point for me when it's in a moderate dose)

However, i think that in two years i've posted something like 4 times in their forum. I dislike having 843759873458 of threads everyday where half of them are flaming wars and the rest is about dicks, tits, and people sharing pics of people eating shit. It can surely be pintoresque, but it's not my cup of tea...actually it's not even my bucket of coke to put it like that!
Also i've felt arrogance in the forum itself.
But once again, if they have fun...good to them..no problem at all...but away from me!

i've never noticed even a modicum of arrogance in all honesty, and plenty of bands don't write, rehearse and fine-tune all of their songs before they get to the studio. in fact the best ones usually don't. so that's not arrogance, it's just the way things work.