Original songs?

MothwoMan

New Metal Member
May 30, 2008
The Iron Maidens are the best Maiden cover band ever, and their material just keeps on getting better and more diverse each year. Last year for example they started playing AMOLAD tracks, and this year we've gotten some great B-Sides like "Cross-Eyed Mary" etc. which had made me wonder, would the Iron Maidens ever consider playing an original song of their own composing live at any time in the future? i.e. perhaps a one-off track that wasn't a cover song but was actually written by the ladies in the band? IMO it would be awesome:kickass:

What do you guys think?

Hmmm. Wonder why Maiden covered a Tull song? Its a good cover though. Love Tull. Maybe Iron Maidens can do the entire Thick as a Brick. Danny would play the Flute in leotards.

I think a side project would be good. I don't see them ever doing anything but Maiden songs live though, booked as Iron Maidens, as they said not even Bruce solo stuff is allowed, like Tears of the Dragon.

But I know what you mean. A band this solid deserve their own creative outlet. I would love to see a show of completely original material from them. Not that the cover stuff isn't great in itself.

Good points. I think the idea of a side project album-type vehicle is a great idea! :headbang: