Orlando HOB 4/12: NO SCOTT

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Well just as they were about to hit the stage tonight Charlie, Frank and Joey came onto the stage and said that Scott was in the hospital with severe food poisoning and would be there overnight. They said they didn't want to cancel the show so they played with just one guitar. Since Jon moves around even less than Rob did Frank and Joey stepped up the intensity and did a great job. I gotta admit Charlie kinda seemed like he was lying when he said it though, I guess we'll know soon enough if it's something else. That and no Exodus because they were banned:mad:I still had a great time though surprisingly, I loved Municipal Waste and I met some cool people. They played all of Among except Imitation Of Life, not sure why. They still did I'm the Man, Frank did all the vocals. They should've gave Rob a call, Volbeat is in town for their performance at the Citrus Bowl tomorrow, I'll be there. Other than Among they played In the End, Madhouse, Anti-social, Got the Time.

There's a bunch of clips of this show on youtube. Jon Donais does a great job as the single guitar player in these videos. He's done a great job in Rob's shoes this last month or 2.

There's a bunch of clips of this show on youtube. Jon Donais does a great job as the single guitar player in these videos. He's done a great job in Rob's shoes this last month or 2.

This may be the silver lining in Scott getting sick. They were able to really test the new guy.

Anthrax without Scott Ian is like Iron Maiden without Steve Harris, no one wants to see it. I'm bummed for those that did. I'm sure Donais handled up on his shit but there's no way it was the same. I know this would've been better than canceling the show, but still... it's just weird.

When I saw Anthrax last year in KC with no Scott, but instead Alex Skolnick, Eric Peterson, Rob Cavestany & Ted Aguilar taking turns filling it, it was pretty awesome.

I was happy i got to see that.

When I saw Anthrax last year in KC with no Scott, but instead Alex Skolnick, Eric Peterson, Rob Cavestany & Ted Aguilar taking turns filling it, it was pretty awesome.

I was happy i got to see that.

This is how I felt when I saw Gene Hoglan and Joey Vera filling in for Charlie and Frank too. I know it's not the same as Scott missing, but still...

Plus, it was Gene's idea to start playing Deathrider again :)

Heck. People get sick and have issues. At-least Anthrax has a huge list of temps they can call on. I personally would rather see the main folks too but a cancelled show is worse than having temps. I also seen one of my favorite bands press on with a tour after the sudden death of their main guitarist and playing one man down. It was huge that they could do that. But honestly they didn't sound the best like that.

Heck. People get sick and have issues. At-least Anthrax has a huge list of temps they can call on. I personally would rather see the main folks too but a cancelled show is worse than having temps.

I would imagine postponing the show wouldn't be as bad as cancelling it.

I would imagine postponing the show wouldn't be as bad as cancelling it.

I am not sure if Anthrax or any band could postpone something like the Metal Alliance Tour. There has to be lots of money people involved. Going on with the show was probably the best thing they could do.

Heck. People get sick and have issues. At-least Anthrax has a huge list of temps they can call on. I personally would rather see the main folks too but a cancelled show is worse than having temps. I also seen one of my favorite bands press on with a tour after the sudden death of their main guitarist and playing one man down. It was huge that they could do that. But honestly they didn't sound the best like that.
Yeah I agree, after 30 years Scott has only missed a very small number of shows, we all get sick and call in to work and it happens to them too. I'm sure he got the poisoning earlier in the day and couldn't exactly scrap a whole show because of it. I'm just bummed because we already were denied Exodus and High On Fire due to Disney then had no Scott, yet ticket prices were the same.:yell: Oh well I was crammed up at the barracade with some really cool people and I still had fun! Joey's voice was top notch all night.

I remember reading in an interview with Scott few years ago where he said he'd had a terrible food poisoning back then. He probably eats lots of poisoned seafood in those Italian restaurants he loves :)