Orphaned Land's favourite album

• The beloved's cry (Demo)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Sahara

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • El Norra Alila

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
Paul, There`s another "israeli sound" you can find in our local metal scene.
Orphaned Land represents the oriental roots of israel, the sepharadic culture. if you`ll listen to SALEM, you`ll find the (mostly east) European side of us, in songs like Haayara Boreret ("the villege is burning"... a treditional holucaust song.) and alot of other holocause songs... i`d say they are pretty much depressive, Kaddish, thier first album is absolutly gloomy.
the new release, "cplective Demise" have got some pretty good feedback in the metal world, even here at UM! (im so ashamed to edmit i haven`t cought up with this one, yet...)

p.s. regardless to the issue above am i mistaken to hear a bold Opeth influance in "Not the Strong"? Love this song, the whole album is fantastic! :D
salem07.jpg

Originally posted by Folklore
Paul, There`s another "israeli sound" you can find in our local metal scene.
Orphaned Land represents the oriental roots of israel, the sepharadic culture. if you`ll listen to SALEM, you`ll find the (mostly east) European side of us, in songs like Haayara Boreret ("the villege is burning"... a treditional holucaust song.) and alot of other holocause songs... i`d say they are pretty much depressive, Kaddish, thier first album is absolutly gloomy.
the new release, "cplective Demise" have got some pretty good feedback in the metal world, even here at UM! (im so ashamed to edmit i haven`t cought up with this one, yet...)

p.s. regardless to the issue above am i mistaken to hear a bold Opeth influance in "Not the Strong"? Love this song, the whole album is fantastic! :D
salem07.jpg

Thanks for the info! As I said, it's greaty unique, and part of the charm of the band!

We draw Opeth comparrisons a lot in out music, and the funny thing is, we've been around just as long, if not longer. I think we draw our influences from the same sources. We do enjoy Opeth, but as far as the songwriters of the band go, they have been writing in this style before they were introduced to them. But, if people hear Opeth, thats cool, because they are an amazing band! Thanks for the compliment! :)

Kaddish is not salem's first album, they had a few things before it.
Oh, and Ha'ayare Boe'eret means "The town is on fire", not the village.
Salem are realy great, and they have so many different sounds,

Kaddish - Death\Doom
A Moment of Silence - When Death Metal meets "The Cure"
Collective Demise - Aggresive Death Metal

yeah thanks for the fixing there anti... A moment of silence is fantastic, and what they had b4 kaddish was a live EP called Creating our sins. it was a funny recording...

"Salem" (1986) (self released)
"Destruction till Death" (1987) (self released)
"Millions Slaughtered Live" (1990) (self released)
"Creating our sins" (1992) (Morbid Records)
"Dying Embers" (Promotional 7" picture LP) (1994) (Morbid Records)
"Kaddish" (1994) (Morbid Records)
"A Moment of Silence" (1998) (B.N.E.)
"Collective Demise" (2002) (KMG/ System Shock)

But whos counting:D

El Norra Alila is my favorite. I loved Sahara, but there was just something that made the album not as great as El Norra Alila.
It seems to me that with El Norra Alila, the band got a lot better at combining their influences and creating a really complete, direct statement. It had a really profound effect on me when I got it...it really lifts your spirits while it makes you headbang! The spectrum of moods and textures makes me think of Metallica's best album, "Master of Puppets." I suppose it can only get better! Possibly Mabool with top both albums!

Hey Frostgiant!
If you're looking for Orphaned Land's albums, the Apple Imporium/Earwax Records carries both of them in Appleton. You only live up the road from me, so get in touch and I'll give you directions there if you just want to check out an awesome metal store.
I actually bought my El Norra Alila from the band themselves, and they even autographed it (a great surprise;) ).

my friend beast in the flames i m sorry for u have one album ....for u live in turkey i think where every is legal ...and from where i baught my OL's albums....u cannot imagine the idea of traveling lillbit far from ur home to buy metal bands albums....
my advise for u .....go search for the first album...u dont know what u r missing here ...