OT - Exclusive interview with Anthrax forum member ironmaidenfan09

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
1. How did you find the Anthrax forum and what are some of your earliest memories from here?

I actually signed up for the Ultimate Metal Forums because of the "Iron Maidens" the all female tribute band to Iron Maiden. They are also on this forum. I simply picked the user name "IronMaidenFan09" just so I would remember my login name if I ever came back.

2. Can you tell us about your personal life?

Well I actually have worked in the music industry for over a decade. I have worked for major labels such as Flip/Geffen/Interscope / UMG. Virgin Records, and a quick stint with Atlantic. I have been out on tour with many artists and been fortunate enough to pretty much be on every national tv show (leno, carson, etc) been to the playboy mansion and done more things than I ever have dreamed of. Now I have gotten all of that out of my system and I don't even attend any of those things anymore. I would rather hang out with my friends and go get 'regular' seats at a metal show than get back stage and all that bs. You kind of get lost in the mix. I keep my personal life away from forums and my name as well as many times I cross paths with a lot of the artists such as Anthrax because of my biz. I like to be able to express myself without worrying about having someone in some other band or crew wanting to beat my ass for dissing them lol. Long answer sorry...

3. Did Anthrax drop the ball with not following the reunion with a new album?

Anthrax dropped the ball long before the Reunion when they changed from Thrash Metal to a hard rock based band.

4. You have been a somewhat controversial character over this past summer, in your own opinion do you tend to start shit or finish it?

Well I honestly don't purposely try to start shit with anyone. Sure I get off on shock value a bit. I have never been "PC" but in all honesty in real life I am a 'good guy' and really do care about others and never try to purposely offend anyone. Though on forums and such I definitely don't hold back on how I feel =)

5. As an avid Iron Maiden fan did you ever lose hope in them during the Blaze-years?

That was a very ugly time for Maiden. Blaze was the worst possible choice for Maiden. Luckily Bruce and Adrian came back and now they are as good as ever

6. You seem to be a real old skool metal fan, what is absolutely the worst live show you have ever seen?

Slipknot, Deicide

7. What other music do you listen besides metal?

Gangsta Rap (geto boys), Old School british punk. New York Hardcore, some alternative stuff.

8. What are your current future plans?

To get through this day and worry about tomorrow if I make it there

9. What is the greatest record of all time?

Could never say just one so here are a few:

Down - Nola
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
Obituary - Cause of Death
Cold - 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage / Self Titled tie
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Soulfy - self titled
Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick
Geto Boys - Self Titled
Iron Maiden - 7th Son of a 7th Son
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Sick of It All - Scratch The Surface

WORD ASSOCIATION: (Sorry had to cut most of these out as my message was too long to send, plus I don't recognize most of the names

Jono - Is that in Alaska?

Trashard - Hilarious

DarrellDethSDMF - Dimebag death

JohnnieChechz - John Bush's hype man

spacebeer - a bad ass

6er - heard a lot about this person

Mosh pit - Been in more than most. Especially extreme death metal and grindcore

Steve Harris - best bass player of all time

Jack Daniel's - hate it

Internet - Fucked up my industry. But I still love it!

THIS OR THAT:

Sabbath with Ozzy or Maiden with Blaze: Sabbath With Ozzy ruled. Maiden with Blaze sucked

Facebook or no facebook: facebook is fun

Tea or Coffee: Espresso Martini's

Down or Rebel Meets Rebel: Down by far. One of my favorite bands of all time.

Fat women or skinny women: Skinny for sure, not down with the fatty's.

Thank you for taking the time to do this interview! Any final words you would like to leave your fellow Anthrax fans?
I think this is a really cool thing you are doing. Every screen name on this forum has a real person behind the name. It is cool to get to see the real life side of some people. I saw alot of shit that pisses people off but I honestly mean no harm and hope nobody really takes me too seriously...i know i don't!

To fellow Anthrax fans... I am not a die hard Joey fan. I really don't even like his voice that much. But with Anthrax is just works. And his vocals are the ones that will always be associated with Anthrax to most old metal heads like myself. I can't wait to hear the next album and see the next round of touring!

Peace out!

First thing i think i've read from mr. maidenfan that didn't really make me want to cut off his mullet and bitch slap him with it. HAHAHA! Seriously although i think we will never agree on anything totally, I am right there with him about the shock value on forums and its just harmless fun. It's nice to know there might be a peanut of decency in that p.o.s. no seriously i might just have to givre alittle respect to the prick. Ok Ok, i just can't seem to be total nice about this guy. Really though man, good job!

JOEY wasn't THRASH!

cool interview, so maidenboy is working in the music biz. i don't associate your username with Dime's Death, i thought the Deth stands for Megadeth.

First thing i think i've read from mr. maidenfan that didn't really make me want to cut off his mullet and bitch slap him with it. HAHAHA! Seriously although i think we will never agree on anything totally, I am right there with him about the shock value on forums and its just harmless fun. It's nice to know there might be a peanut of decency in that p.o.s. no seriously i might just have to givre alittle respect to the prick. Ok Ok, i just can't seem to be total nice about this guy. Really though man, good job!

JOEY wasn't THRASH!

:headbang: Though I don't have a mullet. I don't even have long hair. I keep my head shaved for the most part. And thanks for the 'compliment' on the interview lol. You are still a prick too but I wouldn't want it any other way or it would be boring on here!

Ugh here he goes again with the "Anthrax sucked when they changed from Thrash Metal to a hard rock based band." Your like a stuck record with this shit...you should tattoo it on your forehead! Go google the 1990's and the direction most heavy music took in that decade and you'll see why Anthrax were more hard rock during this time.

Ugh here he goes again with the "Anthrax sucked when they changed from Thrash Metal to a hard rock based band."

Pretty much spot on. Good job. Anthrax decided to join the rest of the pack instead of continuing on doing what they were good at. The big bands they toured with like Slayer and Iron Maiden didn't change their music to be more accepted with 90's music. Both of those bands still dominate and have a very large following. Can't say the same about Anthrax. Iron Maiden still sells out huge arenas, Slayer can still fill large venues. Anthrax is a club band.

I think they were a little of everything during the Bush era, metal/rock/punk/alternative/industrial hybrid kinda thing.

Yeah I will give you that. They were everything besides the great Thrash Metal they were leading up to it. They changed their style over all to fit in more with the current heavy music trends that were going on. Some like it, personally lose respect for bands that do that. And I think generally speaking most Old school Anthrax fans didn't like that era because of that reason.... well and because musically it just wasn't up to par with the previous era of the band... and that had not much to do with the vocals but with the over all sound of the band.

That is why I have so much more respect for bands like Slayer, Exodus, Maiden, Kreator, Testament and so on that never tried to fit in, they just did their thing and their true fans stuck with them and have great amounts of respect for them for staying true to themselves and not changing shit up when the scene starts to change.

What ever the reasoning is. All of this is a mute point and an opinion I have. But what really matters is the final product. I can barely listen to Vol 8, Stomp, or WCFYA just because musically (Not Vocally) it is very lacking. Sure there are a few "Good" tunes here and there. But over all doesn't even hold a light to POT, ATL, STD, SOE etc