Other stuff I enjoy

Originally posted by Demonspell
He was the perfect complement to Porcupine Tree on stage when I saw him...he and Steven pulled off the intricate harmonies on Heartattack In a Layby to perfection.

That's awesome! I wish I would have seen PT on that tour.

Originally posted by Dado-x
Well, I am an uncle now, so I do feel kinda old... :)

Hey man, I was in a school today and saw YOUR name spray-painted on the wall, so I asked my terp what it meant, and he said it is just a nickname. So that is your name then.
Not "Grandpa-X" :D
I just figured you were old because under your name it says "senior citizen".
Congrats on being an uncle. I got that honor when I was 14, so I am really old now. :zombie:

I have every single song from Mega Man 1 through 3 for NES burned on a CD (the 8 bit versions). These are some goddamn amazing tracks, particularly Metal Man, Wood Man, Spark Man, the Dr. Wily stage music from Mega Man 2, and the get weapon music in Mega Man 3. Goddamn these are like some of my favorite songs ever. I need to do some metal covers of these songs.

At the moment I'm listening to VANESSA MAE, I really like what she's doing. Besides that, recently I've heard PAGANS MIND's ''Celestial entrance'' and I have to say that this album is excellent, nice prog./power release, I'm really enjoying this one.

What' in my car is what I listen to:
Steely Dan
Boston
Journey
Puffy (the Japanese group)
Dreams Come True - jpop
Triumph
SX
Stratovarius
Sinergy
Megadeth
Aiko
Shina Ringo
Dan Fogelburg
Jim Croce
America
Sex machineguns
Earth Wind and Fire
Kansas

rockmanxpr, wow, what an interesting mix of music! :) Triumph !! I like that band too, and now I must try to find my old Triumph LPs! (Been awhile) and Steely Dan's "Royal Scam" is one of my all time favs.

Hey Pharoh, Yea I bought most of the Triumph CD's and just made my own CD that had the Rik Emmett songs, Rik is such an underrated guitarist and man can he sing! I bought Citizen Dan box set and one of the coolest parts is there is a 1976 live version of Bohivista that has the best band introduction EVER, pretty funny.

hmm...Im a HUGE HUGE HUGE Final Fantasy geek. I've played and beaten 4-10 at least once each (playin 9 right now for the 2nd time through). Part of my obsession with the series is the composer, Nobuo Uematsu. He's one of my favorite modern composers (if you can consider him that). Actually I own 11 Final Fantasy soundtrack CDs :D.

I have a pretty diverse taste of music. Here are some of the abnormalities:

Kate Ryan- Belgian euro-dance
Paula Abdul- American euro-dance
Squarepusher- extremely cool drum & bass, insane breakbeats with fusion influences
Game music- Castlevania, Final Fantasy, et.c.
Filter- The best nu-metal band around, IMO

Originally posted by Yngvai X
hmm...Im a HUGE HUGE HUGE Final Fantasy geek. I've played and beaten 4-10 at least once each (playin 9 right now for the 2nd time through). Part of my obsession with the series is the composer, Nobuo Uematsu. He's one of my favorite modern composers (if you can consider him that). Actually I own 11 Final Fantasy soundtrack CDs :D.

Damn, I only have the FFV soundtrack.
but, I have a lot of MP3's of the older FF games that where done by full orchestras and some that are just string ensembles. Its really awesome stuff.
Damn I even wrote a metal song that was highly influenced by one of the tracks off of Dragon Warrior II.
Some of the music really is great!