Our furry friends (the pet thread)

Snowy Owl

OSA Co-founder
Sep 12, 2005
A tree in Middletown, PA
Sorry I didn't post this earlier...so much has been going on.

On May 21st one half of our guinea pig tag team passed away. "Night" was 3 1/2 years old. We buried her in our front yard.

She will be missed by her sister "Wish", and her owners Matt, Andrea and Lillian Bankes.

:cry:

As one who has lost two dear "fuzzy" members of my own family in the fairly recent past (in my case, ferrets), i know how much it sucks. I'm sorry man. :/

It's surprising just how much these little guys can work their way into our lives and matter to us in even a short amount of time.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It was hard for us for a while. It is still hard for Andrea. She can't even bring herself to look at this picture we have of the two guinea pigs together. We keep reminding ourselves that we have a beautiful daughter and that Wish is still healthy and active.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences.

It's true, our animal friends are so much a part of our lives, and their life span is so much smaller than ours, so we face the possibility upon ownership that we will outlive them. But nonetheless, I would take the pain and sadness for it because those years of love, companionship, and friendship are priceless.

Aww, I'm sorry. :(

I understand your pain. We had two guinea pigs when I was a kid, and I remember crying a lot when they died. Especially because these smaller animals don't live as long as dogs or cats, it hurts when they die at what is to us, so young.

My family has a beloved Jack Russell terrier now, and I love her to death. She's a young dog, only 4 years old now, but I dread the day that we lose her, even though I know that she still has many years left! She is a member of our family, and the happiest, sweetest dog in the world.

^Time does fly! Our dog, Roxie, that I mentioned before, I held her when she was a newborn puppy, only 1 week old! So I really have known her all of her life! I knew her mother before she was born, too, and she looks so much like her mother now. We have a photo of them together, and people cannot tell them apart.

I can't believe it's already been 4 years since Roxie was born. I still remember that day when I first held her, she was so small that she fit into the palm of my one hand (Jack Russell puppies are so so tiny, since they're small dogs to begin with!). Puppies are the answer to world peace, I swear. If everyone had a puppy to hold and snuggle, all the time, there would be world peace because nobody could be mad or sad with a puppy in their lap.

I'm petitioning that every person should have a puppy, all the time. World peace! Puppies! :lol: