OUTWORLD Fires Singer Kelly Sundown Carpenter - Seeks Replacement

no side projects sound kind of steep... almost every good singer has a side project because good vocalists in metal are a rarity and highly in demand... well good luck

I think when the band says side projects they mean projects that would keep the vocalists from touring, and may lead to them cancelling gigs because of what they feel is more important, the side project over their main band. Just a thought.

Pyramaze51 said:
I think when the band says side projects they mean projects that would keep the vocalists from touring, and may lead to them cancelling gigs because of what they feel is more important, the side project over their main band. Just a thought.

That's exactly it. Projects that would postpone tours, recording, etc..

Pyramaze51 said:

But then again John, a side project is pretty self explanatory. Just a side thing that shouldn't be considered more important than touring with the main band... I like Outworld and all, but I don't think they should be this picky regarding the vocalist search, they might have a hard time finding it. Pretty much every good metal vocalist has a side project and wouldn't just accept the fact that "all you can do is Outworld".

Then again, it's their band and they are in charge of the decisions. I just stated my opinion.

AngraRULES said:
But then again John, a side project is pretty self explanatory. Just a side thing that shouldn't be considered more important than touring with the main band... I like Outworld and all, but I don't think they should be this picky regarding the vocalist search, they might have a hard time finding it. Pretty much every good metal vocalist has a side project and wouldn't just accept the fact that "all you can do is Outworld".

Then again, it's their band and they are in charge of the decisions. I just stated my opinion.

The point is they don't want side projects interfering with band projects, tours, etc.. As long as the band doesn't have to put aside it's plans for a side project, it's not a problem.

ProgmetalAngel said:
The point is they don't want side projects interfering with band projects, tours, etc.. As long as the band doesn't have to put aside it's plans for a side project, it's not a problem.

Thanks for explaining it, now it makes more sense =)

I've worked with Rusty on and off for years, and can tell you that he is very driven. I'm sure like many of us that are getting on in years, Rusty feels the clock ticking and want's to speed up Outworlds progress.

Good luck to Rusty in finding the right voice for his material. As was said before, Texas is full of killer singers and he'll find the right guy just as he has in his players.

Gary Belin
Stride

I agree with control...Carpenter is a monster on vocals. He probably isn't much in the writing department as has been documented. But, the stuff he laid down on the Outworld release was overwhelming. Completely blew me away.

Entropiastrife said:
no side projects sound kind of steep... almost every good singer has a side project because good vocalists in metal are a rarity and highly in demand... well good luck

If there is a singer who has a recognizable voice and he has alot of side projects his voice is watered down for the main band. Can you imagine if Warrel Dane had a bunch of side projects, or Mikkel from Mercenary.

Ascension said:
I agree with control...Carpenter is a monster on vocals. He probably isn't much in the writing department as has been documented. But, the stuff he laid down on the Outworld release was overwhelming. Completely blew me away.

While I agree that kelly is a great vocalist, I certainly don't think he's irreplaceable. Rusty is very well known and has some long arms, he'll find someone more than capable.

As I mentioned, in Texas alone there are hords of great singers that could fit the bill, let alone in the states.

Good luck to Rusty.