OverMaster - Italian Flower Power

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/overmasterband

This band has great music but it's a shame the singer just doesn't cut it. He's not a terrible singer but surely they needed a better singer cause this guy ain't no great shakes. He tries hard to sound powerful but sounds fairly wimpy and accented and at his worst annoying. The song Marble King has a great fast melodic tempo with a decent chorus though. Children of the sand is a mid tempo tune and the singer sounds his worst on that sample. Battle Prayer goes into melodic speed metal territory again.

What the hell is flower power???? LOL

the singer isnt THAT terrible, i know FAR worse singers LOL, but yes not to shabby! sounds very good

I would say Rhapsody were the first new age flower power band. I think the term flower power was coined because it was metal that was based around speed and not heaviness. Flower bands don't do chugging and don't have crunch plus the vocals are not heavy. You could say that Helloween is the root band responsible for all flower power but it just wasn't called that then. All blame lies with Rhapsody, by the way there is also a term frilly shirt metal that I've read here and there. Again Rhapsody are responsible. Look at old photos of the band and you will see long frilly collars and lapels. Old style 16th century shirts basically. I think Luca was trying to say that he is the Mozart of his day or something.

hahaha i see there, down here we called it white metal, or fairy metal....

jim morris even called it epic cheese at one point LOL

Yeah, happy metal, flower metal, it's all good, when it's done good, which is rare. Freedom Call and Power Quest are good in that genre. Helloween of course started the whole thing with Future World.