PAGANS MIND to open for STRATOVARIUS on US TOUR?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
From NokiaTheatreNYC.com,

Stratovarius

with Pagans Mind
Date: Wed, Sep 16, 2009
Showtime: 8:00 PM
Doors open: 7:00 PM
Days until show: 137
Ages: All Ages
On sale now
Ticket Prices*: $37.50-$80.00

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

Ugh...you mean I actually have to go to a Strato show now?

Heh. Gives me a backup if I can't make ProgPower Scan I guess.

This is good news though, actually.

What does the $80 get you :yow:

Probably a free head examination so you can find out why you would pay $80 to see DramaVarious in the year 2009

here is what $70 can get you for the Pearl Room show in Illinois:
there will be 100 VIP tix for $70 offered for this show that gets you early entry and a signed poster from the band.

What fucknut would pay over double to get in early to a club where you can easily get right up front if you want to anyhow?
A signed poster? Give me a break.
People did this for Helloween / Gamma Ray and all I spoke to afterward who did EXTREMELY regretted it.

As much as I like that "Hallo Space Boy" song, wth is up with "moon dust will cover you"? The shits called regolith. "Regolith will cover you" you fools!

... I don't much care for stratovarious, but I might actually have to check this tour out now.

As much as I like that "Hallo Space Boy" song, wth is up with "moon dust will cover you"? The shits called regolith. "Regolith will cover you" you fools!

... I don't much care for stratovarious, but I might actually have to check this tour out now.

hahaha....that's a Bowie cover song.

The $80 is for the Meet and Greet that they will be having after the show. Since it is on a Wednesday, and Pagan's Mind is playing, I guess I need to pull out ye olde AMEX card and get to meet the band. :headbang::headbang: :kickass:

If you're attending ProgPower why would you even attend this?

1. STRATOVARIUS. I'm looking forward to the new version of the band. Heard some good things about them, hoping it's true.

2. I also like Pagan's Mind. Seeing them twice in the same tour is fine with me.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen bands around the time of PP, and later seen them at PP. I saw Firewind and Sonata Arctica at Jaxx a couple of days before PP. My friend Steve and I are considering seeing Primal Fear at Jaxx the Wednesday before PP, then fly down to Atlanta on Thursday.

Edit: Looks like Sonar in Baltimore is also advertising Pagan's Mind as the opening act. Tickets are $27.50. But you can get a VIP ticket (don't know the price) and get a "meet and greet". Heck, if they were playing Jaxx, we'd just wait for them by the bus and do an informal meet and greet (for free) or offer them drinks at the bar... :lol:

This VIP meet & greet is all the American venues' based thing, they just want to rip the fans of any band for good. We don't have this rip-off b-s here in Europe... yet... and I'm happy for the lack...

This VIP meet & greet is all the American venues' based thing, they just want to rip the fans of any band for good. We don't have this rip-off b-s here in Europe... yet... and I'm happy for the lack...

If concert-goers want to pay extra to meet the band, then that's their right. No one is being forced (ripped off) to pay for that privilege.

Now, the ticket prices themselves... that's another story.

Just for your info; Pagan's Mind have not been asked to part-take in the "VIP package", so if you decide to go for it, I can not guarantee you that the Pagan's Mind boys will be around for the event. I'll update you all if this is the case, but these packages are normally for the main act only.
That said, the members of Pagan's Mind usually hang out near their merch stand after the headliner's done.

Frode

Funny, Dream Theater is offering that VIP package for thier European tour... and has in the years past as well...

Personally I can't wait for this show. I'm definitely looking forward to the new Strato album and I haven't seen PM live in a few years so it should be great. I'll be at the NOKIA Theater in NYC. Yes, prices are high but it's Times Square- what would you expect????