PETITION FOR NOSTALGIA TOUR

Feb 18, 2008
I'm going to try not to involve myself in the various verbal wars between the old-school In Flames fans and the newer fans.
I'm simply proposing an idea.

I think its safe to say that In Flames went through a noticeable style change somewhere around Clayman, and that there are those who love the new stuff and those who are not as enthusiastic. I dont mind if In Flames does what they feel like, musically, I just think that it would be a sign of gratitude toward all the fans who got them started to play some of their old material every once in a while.

So what I'm proposing is this:

A Gothenburg nostalgia tour, with In Flames and Dark Tranquillity as co-headliners. Maybe 90 minute sets each. You could call it Gothenburg Titans or some such. Each band plays material off only their first four or so albums (somewhat like Maiden did during the ozzfest in which In Flames participated). Stuff fron Lunar Strain / Subterranean ; Jester Race / Black Ash Inheritance ; Whoracle and Colony only for In Flames. And Skydancer ; Of Chaos and Eternal Night ; The Gallery and The Mind's I only for Dark Tranquillity. Stanne and Friden could switch off as vocalists for each bands respective first album tracks.

It wouldn't even a hinderance from the promotion side of things. They could time the tour right before the release of each band's next album, before people have gotten a chance to hear it.

I don't know what the sales numbers look like for In Flames' newer discs compared to their older ones, but I know that there is a substantial group of heavy music fans who loved the older In Flames classics and would love a chance to see those tracks played live again. I know quite a few people who would likely ritually sacrifice the dreadlocks on Anders Friden's head for a chance to see a tour like this.

So, if you agree with any of the above, it'd be nice if you attached yourself to the petition. Even if you're a fan of the newer In Flames, surely you'd enjoy a chance to see the tracks that started them off played live.

I'm really just trying to test how much interest there would be in such a tour and if it could be commercially viable, so, please, if you have interest, post a reply. Maybe someone will take notice? Tell yer friends.

Won't happen. stop it...

Sign

Honestly I still love In Flames...As a band...The new stuff is alright...It ain't Terrible....

Dark Tranquillity I think have gotten stale too, the last album I liked was Damage Done...The last 2 have been so boring. So people gotta stop acting like dt are still making classics....character a classic? puke...

In Flames aren't making classics anymore either..just saying Dt kept it true to there roots but If the material is boring whats the point...Both bands should've stopped making new albums after R2r/Damage done.

I'd sign it.

But honestly...I could see it happening for one show. In Gothenburg. And that would be the end of it.

dark tranquility have only ever put out one really monster album - the vast majority of the material is pretty dull.

i sign this though. id love to see a tour with nothing after clayman played at all.

I'd sign it.

But honestly...I could see it happening for one show. In Gothenburg. And that would be the end of it.

yes you are right, then the band would continue touring and playing the same old songs (episode666, colony etc etc) and concentrate on the new material so nu metal fans like yourself can jump up and down to the phat beatz :headbang:

I don't like nu metal at all. I have no idea where you get this from. I mostly listen to death, black, and power metal. Some hard rock. The only stuff I have that could be considered nu-metal would be IF's new stuff and Stabbing The Drama by Soilwork, which I dig. I have Godsmack's self titled. It blows. I've heard Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Coal Chamber, all that stuff. It pretty much universally sucks. I don't like to write off whole genres because doing so is stupid and ignorant, but I've never heard any nu-metal that impressed me.

you've acknowledged that you like nu In Flames material; therefore you clearly are impressed by some nu metal.

Congraulations on being an elitist prick. You're just as much of a poser as the so called "nu metal fans" on this board. Keep it brutal...keep it tr00. :headbang:

whats with this nu metal this nu metal that!,theres only two
music styles out there GOOD or BAD!

as for slipknot,their "iowa" album kicks ass:headbang:
and the liveshow that follow that album is about the best ive been to.(and ive seen over a 100 bands over the years....)

" i feel like shit...but atleast i fgeel something..."

epic_fail.jpg

there are distinct music genres and styles. Ever heard words like "rock," "metal," "punk," and "trash?"

there are distinct music genres and styles. Ever heard words like "rock," "metal," "punk," and "trash?"

yes,but what i meant was that i like bands from many different styles even that in here hated nu metalscene...i dont care if its rock,thrash,death,black..etc, good music is good music,you dont have label it all the time.

yes,but what i meant was that i like bands from many different styles even that in here hated nu metalscene...i dont care if its rock,thrash,death,black..etc, good music is good music,you dont have label it all the time.

Labeling stuff makes it easier to find music you like and all. But it's definitely true. Some people write off entire genres, refusing to listen to stuff that they would like because it's associated with a certain scene. Stupid...

When have In Flames ever sounded nu metal? I don't get it..

Cloud Connected?