Pickup sugguestion.

viva_360

Jun 3, 2004
www.facebook.com
Hi Peter thanks for puttin out such a Great Deathcore album! i really like the due leads ...kind of has the Iron Maiden feel! But hey I got this question about pickup ... which passive pickup would be your weapon of choice if there were no EMG's?

Thanks as i want to get a good passive pickup other then an EMG battery pickup..... :kickass: CHEERS!

Glad you like the record! Passive pickup wise I would either have to say a Caparison PH-R or a Seymour Duncan JB for bridge position, for the neck I use either Caparison SH-27F or a Seymour Duncan Hotrail.

ihave27frets said:
Glad you like the record! Passive pickup wise I would either have to say a Caparison PH-R or a Seymour Duncan JB for bridge position, for the neck I use either Caparison SH-27F or a Seymour Duncan Hotrail.

Hell yeah. The JB and PH-R both rule. :headbang:

Death_Work said:
I've heard that the caparison PH-R and SD JB sound very similar, is that true?

Could someone compare them?

It has a bit less output than the JB and isn't as bright, it's more balanced sounding. The PH-R kind of sounds like a mix of the JB and a Screamin Demon.

Death_Work said:
Hey pete, have you tried a emg 85 in a angelus guitar???
I'm afraid it maybe gets too bassy with 85 in bridge.

I'm not sure if to put a 81 or 85 in the bridge of my new angelus hgs.

I would say go with the 81, I put an 85 in the bridge of a Horus and it was a bit bassy and im sure it would be even more so with the weight of an Angelus. What Angelus did you get?.:)

I bought a Angelus hgs, and I already have a angelus regular model with 24 frets. not the 2006 version.

I'm gonna sell my esp eclipse and can't decide if I should get a horus deep blue or a framus cobra head :S.

Another question pete

How would you compare the neck of horus and dellinger? Is the dellinger neck thicker?