Votes: 16 53.3%
  • DiMarzio

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Bill Lawrence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
a Les Paul with an EMG 85 in the bridge and an 89 in the neck is a gift from the gods...... do it.... do it quickly and never look back.

If I had the money - I may very well give it a try. Maybe I could ask the wife for an allowance .... who needs to pay the mortgage, right? :heh:

EMG 85's all the way, neck And bridge. By the way what head would you have on the broom handle? Vintage horse hair for the authentic Hendrix tone or modern synthetic for down tuned?:loco:

I would probably remove the broom head...it may dampen the resonance. I like to try to find vintage Salem witch broom handles...a nice oak or hickory.:lol:

EMG actives are nice in more than just gits, too.

I have an LTD V250 git with an 81 bridge-85 neck combo, an LTD F405 bass with 40DC and an LTD B500 with 35DC bridge-35P4 neck. I also have an LTD F255 with 40HZ passives. They all have great sounds.

hey Jeff and Mario... no, i haven't tried the Blackouts. i'm really happy with EMG still though, so i never even think about trying other pickups. i'd try them out if someone brought their guitar for me to check out... but i'd do that with any guitar/pickup.... but i don't feel compelled to go out of my way to find somewhere to try them. i don't think i'd switch anyway at this point, as i mentioned, i'm really happy with EMGs.

I've used emg 85 for about 2 years now, In all my guitars, and it's best pickup for metal/rock I've ever used!

I got 2 caparison angelus guitars, 85/89 in one and 85/60 in the other. They don't sound the same at all!
And I've used it in alot of other guitars too, And as James said, They are more accurate en enhances the tone of the guitars to the better.
With passives you have to find a certain pickup for a certain guitar, but emg's sounds good in most guitars.
Just my personal experience!

By the way, Don't think the emg 85 sound anythiong like the emg 81!
People who tried the 81 and dosen't like it seems to think that all actives sounds like that.

The emg 85 is clear, accurate, warmth, rich, tight, and open and heavy as hell! That would be my desciption of it :saint:

I've used emg 85 for about 2 years now, In all my guitars, and it's best pickup for metal/rock I've ever used!

I got 2 caparison angelus guitars, 85/89 in one and 85/60 in the other. They don't sound the same at all!
And I've used it in alot of other guitars too, And as James said, They are more accurate en enhances the tone of the guitars to the better.
With passives you have to find a certain pickup for a certain guitar, but emg's sounds good in most guitars.
Just my personal experience!

By the way, Don't think the emg 85 sound anythiong like the emg 81!
People who tried the 81 and dosen't like it seems to think that all actives sounds like that.

The emg 85 is clear, accurate, warmth, rich, tight, and open and heavy as hell! That would be my desciption of it :saint:
Hmm... that's interesting. Right now I have 81bridge, 85neck. I don't like the 81, I'll try to switch the positions of the pups.

a Les Paul with an EMG 85 in the bridge and an 89 in the neck is a gift from the gods...... do it.... do it quickly and never look back.

This is interesting...I picked up my first Les Paul -- a SAGA build your own guitar kit -- and I was thinking of trying out some SD Blackouts with it. You would recommend the 85 in the bridge, eh? hmmm maybe I will go that direction.

:headbang: