Please check out a song of mine :-)

Morningrise

...I am just thin air...
Jul 12, 2001
Austin
Visit site
Well I posted this on the Opeth board as well, but would also really like your opinion as well. Sorry if this seems like spam, I am just really excited about getting opinions on some of my stuff. If I recall I have had a couple requests to hear some so finally some is up.
I have worked to get a song up on the board for a really long time, and finally I was kind of able to get it uploaded. As a little bit of background I have been writing for about a year, this is one of the songs I am a bit more proud of, and the first I have recorded. Everything is played by me, and I programmed the drums, but my shyness got to me, and I didn't record any vocals. The production is a bit muddy, and since this is my first recording it dosn't sound very good. There are a few clips and pops which I just wasn't able to get rid of, but it adds a bit of character I think. I will hopefully re-record it some time soon though... The song has quite a lot of layering, but much of it isn't all up front and there is quite a lot of background or "far away" instruments and what not to add a bit of interest. The song was written with a concept in mind, not necessarily a story, but hopefully the atmosphere was conveyed the way I wanted it to be. A lot of was actually come up in the woods during a sunset (what a black metal cliche ).
I guess that is about all that I have to say about it, I really hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your reactions. I would especially appreciate some critique if possible.
Enjoy

http://home.no.net/esoervik/images/...s Whisper.mp3
(Right click, save target as)

*First listen*
I like the bass.....!

*Stops halfway through*
I'll have to do this when I'm not about to fall asleep!
I think getting more than 4 hours of sleep every
night should be a personal goal of mine.... Mhm!

I'll get back to this Morningrise, cause the 4,5 first
minutes sounds really promising!! :eek:))