Poland to Ban 'Satanic' Bands... Including Behemoth

Yah.. were the land of Taxes that is for sure.. and we revolted against England in the 1770's because of excessive taxes from them among other things lol kind of ironic i think... anyways as for this banning in Poland... it's nothing new... Germany has similar bannings and perhaps other countries in Europe... it won't kill the scene regardless and thats the most important thing.. when you ban something.. it just makes people want to explore it more or have it more... ala Prohibition of alcohol and drugs in the U.S. ...

And it has not happend yet right?

Yah.. were the land of Taxes that is for sure.. and we revolted against England in the 1770's because of excessive taxes from them among other things lol kind of ironic i think... anyways as for this banning in Poland... it's nothing new... Germany has similar bannings and perhaps other countries in Europe... it won't kill the scene regardless and thats the most important thing.. when you ban something.. it just makes people want to explore it more or have it more... ala Prohibition of alcohol and drugs in the U.S. ...

Exactly.. if they hadn't started this whole banning thing.. im sure most of the children that parents didn't want listening to satanic music wouldnt have ever even heard of these bands!

but now a lot of people that didn't know the name 'Behemoth' now do.. so they'll think "hmm.. i wonder what in the lyrics made them 'satanic'?".. and then, WOOPS, they've just gone and done the exact thing this stupid thing is trying to prevent.

:rolleyes:

To be honest, even Satanism is not as harmful as some of the mainstream stuff:

1) Rappers like Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, etc. who degrade women and promote Drugs & Violence.

2) Emos like Fall Out Boy who think attempted suicides are a mark of 'disturbed musical genius'.

3) Shitty music by sluts like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears who are unfortunately regarded as Role Models by misdirected kids.

Forget Satanism, first ban MTV.

:worship:

1) Rappers like Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, etc. who degrade women and promote Drugs & Violence.

2) Emos like Fall Out Boy who think attempted suicides are a mark of 'disturbed musical genius'.

3) Shitty music by sluts like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears who are unfortunately regarded as Role Models by misdirected kids.

I really am sorry if the following piece of text makes me untr00, but I think it needs to be said.

I am fifteen years old, my parents are divorced. I am cleverer than most people I meet, and I am also clever enough to realise that metal influences me. Metal is my friend, I hang out with him every day. When something os around you all the time, it is impossible not to be influenced by it.

I don't believe Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, the queens of the digital age, comes anywere near metal. They promote pride and stupidity. Metal promotes violence and anger. And in the words of a little green dude, 'Anger leads to pain. Pain leads to suffering.'

Yes, rap and hip-hop alike promotes violence, drugs and sexism. First of all, there are to many stories of rock/metal stars taking drugs for me to mention. Second of all, I would like to guess how much respect ye olde Euronymous had for women. And third of all, metal promotes violence too, even murder. I am yet to see a rapper make a track called 'Fukk The Blood Of Christ'.

Emos hate themselves, let 'em, doesn't harm anyone but themselves.

I can understand why Poland are banning all those bands. We, here in Denmark, banned the nazi-symbol (I know it's called something in english, I just can't remember it) from being worn in public on clothings and the likes. We did this because some, SOME, who wear it promotes the killing of jews. I am not defending nazism, I think it is a silly thing, but I want people to have the right to think these things. Everything or nothing, no inbetween.

But I also don't want people being killed, in this case jews. And no matter how conservative it sounds, a few of those stupid fucks who wear the symbol acutally wants to kill every jew they can find. But what does the banning of a symbol do? It's not like it cleanses the mind of the one who wore it. No, it doesn't. But it helps to opress it.

Opression is a dangerous thing. And of course we don't want to go back to apartheid or something like that. But when a minority of people have set out to kill a group of people, I think it's rather clear to all of us that they should be stopped. Thus the opression.

I listen to metal because it nurtures some need I have. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure some of you can figure it out. I can control it. I'm still calm, I haven't joined any weird cvlts or something, heck, I'm pretty much the only guy in town who listens to this kind of music. But some can't control it. Some take it seriously. Metal is kind of like smoking, except the smoke only fucks up your lungs if you're not carefull. I am carefull.

A few years ago some kids shot up a school in America. When asked why, they said they heard a Slayer song (lol, Slayer) say "If you're not with us, you may no longer exist"

That is why I have no problems with this. We can still listen to it, they are just taking some necessary steps to keep these very, very powerful sounds away from those who can't tolerate it.

tl;dr? Read it.

I hate artistic censorship of any kind, and strongly disagree with banning these bands. I fail to see how these bands have any negative impact on anyone's life, unless of course for those who intervene and make it a problem for themselves because they decided they don't like or understand it.

I listen to metal because it nurtures some need I have. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure some of you can figure it out. I can control it. I'm still calm, I haven't joined any weird cvlts or something, heck, I'm pretty much the only guy in town who listens to this kind of music. But some can't control it. Some take it seriously. Metal is kind of like smoking, except the smoke only fucks up your lungs if you're not carefull. I am carefull.

No offense, not to criticize you but I think you’re a bit young and haven’t fully appreciated or understood metal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to music of any kind, nor is it bad for you by any means. I think you’ve been listening to the criticism of your parents for too long?
It merely depends on the person who is listening, so I disagree that metal is violent, I find metal like other forms of music gives people confidence or power and what they use that to apply to is up to them. If I want to further career goals I can or if I wanted to shoot up a university and kill others I can do that as well but it’s not the fault of any band or song.

I hate artistic censorship of any kind, and strongly disagree with banning these bands. I fail to see how these bands have any negative impact on anyone's life, unless of course for those who intervene and make it a problem for themselves because they decided they don't like or understand it.

No offense, not to criticize you but I think you’re a bit young and haven’t fully appreciated or understood metal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with listening to music of any kind, nor is it bad for you by any means. I think you’ve been listening to the criticism of your parents for too long?
It merely depends on the person who is listening, so I disagree that metal is violent, I find metal like other forms of music gives people confidence or power and what they use that to apply to is up to them. If I want to further career goals I can or if I wanted to shoot up a university and kill others I can do that as well but it’s not the fault of any band or song.

It's funny how people are willing to agree that rap influences young people, yet disagrees heavily when someone mentions metal. You didn't, I'm just saying it in advance.
Now, there is a reason that we don't act the way we did a hundred years ago. Media. Without media, we wouldn't have evolved as a civilisation. In the form of friends, papers, telegraphs, radio, television, media changes you. You can not argue with that. Did you read the bit about the kids listening to Slayer? If that is not evidence, nothing is.

It's funny how people are willing to agree that rap influences young people, yet disagrees heavily when someone mentions metal. You didn't, I'm just saying it in advance.
Now, there is a reason that we don't act the way we did a hundred years ago. Media. Without media, we wouldn't have evolved as a civilisation. In the form of friends, papers, telegraphs, radio, television, media changes you. You can not argue with that. Did you read the bit about the kids listening to Slayer? If that is not evidence, nothing is.

It's not evidence to support anything, it doesn't make metal a bad influence. It means nothing other than the fact that those kids are complete idiots who have the inability to think. Any dolt could read lyrics to say Cannibal Corpse and go out and kill someone but what justification does that give - CC's lyrics aren't even serious to begin with, and as for Slayer their lyrics are relatively lame anyways. People kill others every single day, and I'm willing to bet that 99.9% of them don't listen to metal. I personally think media paints the ignorant image every single day and feeds those who are weak and can't think for themselves (ie. Americans who watch CNN religiously). Music as with any art is a form of expression and interpretation to which you can grasp any way you like.

You could say knives, weapons, and any sharp-edge object should be banned and are bad because 'they' murder people everyday. Fact is, you can't blame the knife, rather the person who uses it.

Exactly, the feeble-minded are influenced by metal. You said it yourself.
I don't actually belive in what I'm saying, just though both sides of the case had to be represented.

Metal, in the grand scope of things, has had little impact on any social aspect of any country. Sure, there's been some violence within the scenes themselves, but there have barely been a dozen murders in metal's history and for the most part, few are seriously threatened by its presence in public life.

Metalheads actually seem to be the most harmless of the teen/twentysomething subcultures. The music itself is probably the reason for that, as they can release their anger and frustration through the music and concerts rather than going and killing someone. This is true for most musical subcultures, though.

Also, the Satanic church itself has not been of any real threat to anyone, so to ban it because it's "scary" is stupid.

To be fair, Metal is full of drugs, suicides and suicidal lyrics, misogyny and sex.

A few years ago some kids shot up a school in America. When asked why, they said they heard a Slayer song (lol, Slayer) say "If you're not with us, you may no longer exist"

tl;dr? Read it.

OK, so SOME lyrics of a metal band once in the past has influenced SOME kids.. but you can hardly blame such a general word: 'Metal' for that.

At the most you could only blame that one line in one song out of the billions there are in metal.

Why don't they spend their time banning something that actually has a negative effect on society; like Commies...or Mexicans?

?

You can't account for the feeble-minded. The feeble-minded will be feeble-minded and latch on to something else if not Metal. You can't blame it on the artists for others' incompetence.

Sorry, when did I blame it on the artists?