Porcelain Heart sample?

i dunno kinda sort like it kinda sorta don't only like 8 secs long though . . . .lyrics are borderline cheezy to me

edit : This would have made a way better album cover in my opinion
51U2pjQ9quL._SS500_.jpg

I know its doesn't sound like a song about pagans slaughtering a village or killing virgins, but i do still enjoy the lyrics.
I think Opeth has some the best lyrics in metal.
But to each his own.
I'm such a nut, i registered just to say that, LOL.
Oh well, good cheers all.:err:

Roadrunner have a cover up for Porcelain heart too. Looks kinda plain to me.

7ineCTgtJ86OBO58am_z8llNwEy9qakV5BLim2rqqDZIZpti63muVDQbyortRr-S.jpg

Is this going to be released as a physical signle on the same date, or just when the album comes out? Sounds great by the way!

True, I mean it does have that almost porcelain look. After a few hours I think I kinda like it too, reminds me of the Ghost Reveries special edition actually.

Anyone think it'll be released on an actual single CD aswell? I'd like that.

Based on this short sample, I feel this part from "Porcelain Heart" in sound and style lies closely to the two ballads of Ghost Reveries, which I find to be too smooth/soft/croonish, so these fifteen seconds at least are disapointing. But then again, "Heir Apparent" sounds awesome. But really..the soft side of Opeth is really gone too soft lately. A song like "To Bid You Farewell" or "Credence" were soft too, but still kind of foresty / metallish

I'm gonna listen to it again, maybe you're right, but I am talking primarily about Mikael's vocal style on this sample which is similar to what we got in "Hours of Wealth" and "Isolation Years" - but I hear the Damnation vibe instrumentally.

On a different yet vaguely similar topic, is "Porcelain Heart" Opeth's 'softest' title ever? Sounds like a heartbreak song.. eeew I like demons of the fall and stuff .. :)

I don't know why, but judging a song based on an 8 or 15 second clip reminds me of those silly people who get brief glimpes into the unknown and form all sorts of religions and beliefs based in their tiny, tiny perception.

I bet you it morphs into a blistering heavy track 2 seconds after that clip that would cause you all to cream in your pants. Just sit tight. It's only 6 days now?

Based on this short sample, I feel this part from "Porcelain Heart" in sound and style lies closely to the two ballads of Ghost Reveries, which I find to be too smooth/soft/croonish, so these fifteen seconds at least are disapointing. But then again, "Heir Apparent" sounds awesome. But really..the soft side of Opeth is really gone too soft lately. A song like "To Bid You Farewell" or "Credence" were soft too, but still kind of foresty / metallish

Then don't listen to it.