Portland headlining gig 5/4

R0l0

lol @ opeth tattoos
Nov 12, 2003
in mah belly.
myspace.com
Quite a good show. I drove down from the Seattle area to catch the off-date :Smug: Opeth played 1 hr 40 mins, 9 songs.

setlist: (might be slightly out of order)
demon of the fall
masters
baying of the hounds
in my time of need
serenity painted death
wreath
to rid the disease
heir apparent
drapery falls (encore)

time to get some sleep.

Since Opeth is playing 2 shows in NY, I'm really hoping to get SPD on the second (the one I'm going to). The rest could go either way.

Maybe a split like

masters
baying of the hounds
in my time of need
wreath
heir apparent
drapery falls

dotf
serenity painted death
wreath
to rid the disease
heir apparent
drapery falls

Not crazy about this set list. 2 Damnation songs, but no BWP, Orchid or Morningrise ?? Only 1 new song. Damn I'm spoiled

I was at the show, it was great. I really liked the set list and wouldn't have changed it at all.

Demon
Master's
Hounds
Time of Need
Serenity
Wreath
Rid the Disease
Heir Apparent
-Solo Frederik (badass)
-Solo Mike (Cheeseball)
-Solo Axe (badass)
-Solo Mendez (sorta badass)
-Solo Per (I think he played Zepplins "No Quarter", maybe someone can confirm?)
Drapery Falls (Encore)

Really good show. I am pretty sure Mikael went out of tune during Baying of the Hounds. Fred did a superb job I thought, he is very talented. Perfect setlist IMO. Mikael talked alot and cracked quite a few jokes. Someone asked how Melinda was he said she is good. People (idiots) were shouting out songs they wanted them to play as if they determine the setlist, and someone yelled something to the effect of "you guys can play whatever you want", then Mike thanked them for that. He boasted about his guitar which had a beautiful finish. That's about it, had a great time except that the upstairs was at capacity and we couldnt get up there to the balcony.

People (idiots) were shouting out songs they wanted them to play as if they determine the setlist

This happens at every show. Lousy drunks. Ween was the only band I've ever seen who actually started playing requests.

I was at the show as well and had a good time. Opening with the set with Demon of the Fall was perfect, they should do that from now on. Serenity Painted Death was definitely a treat but I wish they had played something from Morningrise and a little more from My Arms. Not the best Opeth setlist I've seen but the crowd was definitely the craziest I've seen at an Opeth gig (this was my 4th time seeing them).

Demon
Master's
Hounds
Time of Need
Serenity
Wreath
Rid the Disease
Heir Apparent
-Solo Frederik (badass)
-Solo Mike (Cheeseball)
-Solo Axe (badass)
-Solo Mendez (sorta badass)
-Solo Per (I think he played Zepplins "No Quarter", maybe someone can confirm?)
Drapery Falls (Encore)

Did they really all play solos, or was it one of the little prog jam things that they do while Mike introduces the band?

Did they really all play solos, or was it one of the little prog jam things that they do while Mike introduces the band?
kind of both... short.. axe did cool bl4st b33ts lawl
peter did a nice little 15 second solo.. mike was like "Ok i'm gonna do a solo now"
and he just plays one note and bends it with lots of feeling and sustain..
i think pers solo was part of No Quarter from Led Zeppelin and Martin just did fast arpegios

also would like to mention mike played the intro to benighted... got me all excited, but it wasn't even their next song... god he was hilarious

Some Drunk: "SHOW US YOUR COCK"
Mike in his fucking awesome Swedish accent: "Well the thing is I haven't changed my underwear since I left Sweden.... It's probably not there anymore!":lol:

Just the introducing the band thing...I didnt mean to make it sound like more than it was...it wasnt much, but still cool, being Opeth and all...