Post a Picture of your OLD SCHOOL Pit Jacket / Colors / Armor whatever...

xenophobe

May 17, 2002
SF Bay Area
This is WAY old-school, and I wore it over my leathers from about 1984-1992 or so. It must have seen a couple hundred shows, mostly at The Stone, The Omni, One Step Beyond, Kabuki, Mabuhei (sp?), Henry J, Oakland, etc... If any of you old timers ever saw this in the pits, it was me. :loco:

It's tattered, been sitting in the garage for more than a decade, unworn and discolored, but I still have it.

colors.jpg

If you have or had anything, and I know a lot of you do, share pictures!

xenophobe said:
This is WAY old-school, and I wore it over my leathers from about 1984-1992 or so. It must have seen a couple hundred shows, mostly at The Stone, The Omni, One Step Beyond, Kabuki, Mabuhei (sp?), Henry J, Oakland, etc... If any of you old timers ever saw this in the pits, it was me. :loco:

It's tattered, been sitting in the garage for more than a decade, unworn and discolored, but I still have it.

colors.jpg

If you have or had anything, and I know a lot of you do, share pictures!
You ARE old school! I'm thoroughly impressed. Very cool, xeno! It's "Mabuhay," actually, which is a Filipino greeting in Tagolog. Did you see the show when Death Angel opened for Megadeth at the Stone? That's when Kerry King was in the band for a *very* short time! Memories...!

That could take me forever to post pics of my "old school" armor. I started collecting shirts since I started going to concerts in the 80's and have kept everyone of them. My sister did make me a cool jean jacket with various patches and stuff that I used to wear alot but I don't have a pic of it. It's hangly proudly in my closet though. :)

heres a really bad pic of my old jacket...its blurry because the camera isnt that great...
i tried to take one of the back with the ancient guns n roses patch but it didnt come out..
fe08^001.jpg

its no where near as impressive as Xenophobes or anyone elses....i bow to your jacket Xeno! :worship:

Thanks Marhet :dopey: I can't seem to see any of the photos you post. Damn Comcast.... :mad:

Hey TL, I didn't go to that show, but I had a bootleg tape from it. The tape died a number of years ago though. :(

Testament Legions said:
Thank you, Thank you (takes a bow). It's older than some people here :lol:. I'm very proud to have been part of the scene from its "humble beginnings." I loved that shirt. It's really faded and the print is cracking.
I had that shirt... got tore up in the pit though... I saved the shards of it for the longest time... :lol:

By chance, did you go see Exodus at the Stone with Agent Steel? That was the first time I saw Exodus.

xenophobe said:
I had that shirt... got tore up in the pit though... I saved the shards of it for the longest time... :lol:

By chance, did you go see Exodus at the Stone with Agent Steel? That was the first time I saw Exodus.

Gosh... I can't remember. What year? I went to a bunch of metal shows at Ruthie's, The Stone, The Kabuki, The Mabuhay Gardens, etc.. Those years were the BEST! Everyone had long/big hair - the guys wore denim/leather and the chicks looked like metal video hoochies. It was always 100% metal. I miss that.

hahah TL! metal video hootchies! i remember being a kid and seeing those people...i kinda wish i was old enough to enjoy it during those days...
(despite my grey hair i feel young and insignifigant now :()

Testament Legions said:
Gosh... I can't remember. What year? I went to a bunch of metal shows at Ruthie's, The Stone, The Kabuki, The Mabuhay Gardens, etc.. Those years were the BEST! Everyone had long/big hair - the guys wore denim/leather and the chicks looked like metal video hoochies. It was always 100% metal. I miss that.
That was 1985... Up until that point, I'd never seen a pit so extremely violent. Man it was brutal. I loved every minute of it and had a hard time walking away... I was sore for probably a week... haha

Yeah, miss those

I have a great picture of my old school leather jacket covered with stickers and paint from back in the day. I wore it to hundreds of shows in Providence and Boston between 1986 and 1997. I retired her because I got a counseling position in the Pediatric Oncology Dept at the Childrens Hospital and didnt think it was appropriate. If I werent so computer illiterate Id post the pic for you. (any assistance?) I could easily scan it in. I just don't know how to get it here!

I also have a really old denim jacket that I wore from 1983-1986 that used to be covered in patches and pins. These days about the only thing left is M.U.Y.A. in white paint at the bottom of the back of the jacket. I retired her when I got my NEW leather in 86 :) I remember back then when no one knew who Metallica were, people in school would say "MOOYA, what does that mean?" LOL And they would pronounce Metallica "metal licka" Fucking shems!