Potential LaBrie Solo Tour

AirGuitarLoonhouse

Professional Headbanger
Jul 23, 2007
Chicago
Potential LaBrie tour in the works. Sure hope they can work out a short tour next year.

Per Matt Guillory over on the Portnoy forum:

"Thanks for all the awesome feedback folks! It's pretty overwhelming. :) James and I spent 14 months making Static Impulse so it's totally rad to see that people are enjoying it. We're currently trying to work out a US/Canada/European tour. Stay tuned!

-Matt"

Good for them. This is one of those releases I just can't get into though. I love Dream Theater and like Labrie as a singer, but I just find this release to sound rather generic like Soilwork and the like with his vocals on top of it.

I hope they do tour and come to AZ. I'd be there for sure. I love his new album. I can see the Soilwork comparisons though, some of the guitar riffs are very much Soilwork-like but the songs are much more melodic and catchy IMO. LaBrie's singing is really good, he sounds better than I've heard him in a long time.

LaBrie's solo show is a treat. His Elements of Persuasion warm-up shows in the US were awesome, and I can't wait to see him perform again.

Looking forward to it!!