Power Metal what do you guys think

Originally posted by loWildChild
in childre of bodom the best voice is not the kai's stile or a death voice. the only voice for cob is LAIHO. not best, but best for cob. :cool:

am i the only one who found that really confusing? :lol:

I concur my friend, Alexis growl is great and fits CoB's melodic and brutal edges perfectly.

yes i like bands like Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Edguy, Gamma Ray, etc. above all Blind Guardian fucking rules!!!! well they're not really power metal but still.. ;)

well I really don't call those bands Power Metal
Here in Chile some assholes call it Happy Metal thing that I hate, I think they are Heavy Metal, a new way to make it but still heavy.

But there's a lot of bands that sucks!!!, specially from Italy (Skylark, Projecto, Shadows of Steel, Labyrynth) I think they don't have the force to call themselves METAL, just like Angra Too homosexual vocals.

Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Sonata Arctica are Ok.

But for me it would be more powerful bands (here the term Power applies) like Blind Guardian (Majesties!!!) , Iced Earth, Running Wild, Rage, Nevermore (maybe they are out of range here) , Brainstorm and Metalium.

And some of those bands that makes their unique style of Heavy or Progressive like Symphony X, Crimsom Glory, White Skull, Falconer, Angel Dust and Virgin Steele

I liked Power Metal some years ago but now I don't like it anymore. I don't know why. Maybe it's because the rebellious element is missing. That's why I don't call most of these Power "Metal" bands metal, because it's just too nice. This is music which your parents can listen to without getting shocked. They could even like it. I am so happy that my mother always says that my music isn't music but only sick shit.

lol my parents are the same way, my mom thinks its like satanic metal, (ok well i like black metal but thats beside the point). Anyway, my dad could probably appreciate the guitar work in most of the bands i listen to, but I think their a bit to extreme for him hehe.

yeap. I like power metal. (is usefull to relax myself, I need to relax a lot during my day so...for the rest of my time "being wild" just COB or something else).
I like Nostradameus, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian (hmm maybe they are into a special category not-really power metal, together with Iced Earth, they're awesome anyways), Hammerfall, Angra, Sinergy (GREATEST!), Stratovarius (I like them bunches!), Sonata Arctica (ecliptica better) and Edguy.
And..I don't think they're "homosexuals" or whaterver for having that HIGHER voice. :err:

You boys should listen White Skull! (as marie and astarte said), she is.....POWER !@#$%&!
too sad she left the band! :cry:
marie, i hope she comes back. Federica rockZ!

Originally posted by Sympozium
I would agreet that COB has some power metal elements in it but would not class it strictly as power metal.

agreed, their not power metal in the vein of Rhapsody or Hammerfall but yeah they do have some elements of power metal.