Pre-production demos of Bath/LYBM (aka free fuct sounding mp3s)

so i finished downloading and listening to these mp3's.

i agree that overall this version of Ocean... is better. it was slower and doomier and i thought the sound was so awesome for a four track demo. i actually prefer the solos i did on this one as well because i like the performance better, BUT I am a big fan of the wah effect on the version of the solo on MFP because I thought it gave the solo more of a wave-like texture which fit the mood of the song really well.

I am also really proud of Uncovering the Gift but I wish that the tape hadn't degraded so much because it did sound alot better back when we first recorded it.

Interesting factoid-Uncovering the Gift and i believe one of the solos on Ocean were recorded in my bedroom at my parents house in CT. I still have the four track we used to record them on my chest of drawers in my room in RI.

i should stop typing now before i get all weepy and nostalgic.

now I understood what you guys said...maybe it's better not to post here your old stuff anymore.

Was that a BURN from ecto?

prescribed-burn.jpg

FuSoYa said:
I'd heard you guys weren't that great live in the past, before i'd even heard you this was. And when i heard the songs i could see how it would be true because of all the different instruments and weirder parts, figured it would be pretty hard to do. But all these progwest mp3s are really good, well done! It just makes me want to see you live! (ie COME TO AUSTRALIA NOW). Secret Song was really cool, would barely realise it was live if it wasn't for the crowd noises.

I haven't listened much to the demo songs, but i do know there were quite a few riffs where i could hear more clearly what the guitars were doing... kinda cool really. Mainly that applies to "They arent all beautiful". All these demo's are very listenable, are these what you would've got signed with?