PreSonus Firebox @ Bootcamp (Windows 7)

wiiii

May 25, 2006
Hey all,

I have a MacBook Pro that I'm using Bootcamp on to run both OSX and Windows 7. In OSX, my PreSonus Firebox works flawlessly with hardly any latency problems or popping/glitching. However, in Bootcamp I did the following:

I installed the Windows 7 Firebox drivers from the PreSonus website and my interface is recognized, etc. in Reaper/Cubase, however, attempting to record I get popping and it's just generally glitchy.

I posted this problem months ago on the PreSonus forums and never got a reply. I was wondering if anyone has used PreSonus equipment on a Mac with Bootcamp?

Thanks for your time.

I was running vista for a while with my presonus firestudio and everything was fine. then i jumped on 7 and it wasn't working anymore. No drivers updates. a lot of people tried presonus help but nobody got answered. so i was forced to reinstall vista last minute.. like 2 hours before my session.

sucks

Hey all,

I have a MacBook Pro that I'm using Bootcamp on to run both OSX and Windows 7. In OSX, my PreSonus Firebox works flawlessly with hardly any latency problems or popping/glitching. However, in Bootcamp I did the following:

I installed the Windows 7 Firebox drivers from the PreSonus website and my interface is recognized, etc. in Reaper/Cubase, however, attempting to record I get popping and it's just generally glitchy.

I posted this problem months ago on the PreSonus forums and never got a reply. I was wondering if anyone has used PreSonus equipment on a Mac with Bootcamp?

Thanks for your time.

I had the same problem, It wasn't an interface problem, its a bootcamp thing! Happens in every boot camp installation on a macbook pro as far as I know. Do some googling about bootcamp and DPC latency. You can get a utility called DPCLat that graphs out spikes of DPC latency. That's the first thing you should do right now, because I'm almost 100% positive that's your problem.

Basically what happens is things like the battery driver checking the battery life every 10 seconds causes a slight dropout, every time the graphics card switches speeds it causes a dropout, etc.

What fixed it for me was disabling the ACPI compliant Battery driver in device manager, updating all of my drivers manually, and locking the graphics card in low power 3d mode. There are a ton of other tricks but those were what helped me most.

Oh, awesome! I got it working.

I downloaded the DPC Lateny Checker like you mentioned and went full-force at the Device Manager and Task Manager.

Killing Bootcamp.exe (which just controls mainly the keyboard, trackpad, etc. functions of the MacBook so they perform in Windows like they did in OSX) fixed it and now everything is working!

I'm so excited...Thanks man!