PROGPOWER UK CANCELLED

leesv650

New Metal Member
May 1, 2005
PROGPOWER UK CANCELLED

TO SAY IM GUTTED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT !!!!!!!!!!

WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

This year's edition of the ProgPower UK festival, which was scheduled to take place March 28-29 at the Anson Rooms in Bristol, England, has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

"We have made no secret of the financial difficulties that have dogged our first two years, which is why we made a significant number of changes for year three," the festival organizers said in a statement. "However, ticket sales have been extremely poor and, as a result, there is no way we can stage the festival without losing a substantial amount of money again.

"This decision has not been taken lightly and we are fully aware of both the disappointment and inconvenience it will cause. However, we simply cannot afford to keep pumping money into ProgPower UK and we can assure you that we are as disappointed about this as you no doubt are.

"As a result of this, ProgPower UK LLP will cease trading with immediate effect.

"Ticket holders who purchased tickets via cheque or PayPal through the ProgPower UK website will be refunded by the method through which the tickets were purchased. This will be done within twenty-eight days.

"If you purchased tickets at Bristol Ticket Shop, please contact them directly for a refund.

"Please direct any enquiries to enquiries@progpoweruk.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it All enquiries will be dealt with, but please be patient.

"We would like to sincerely thank everyone who has supported us over the past three years, and also thank Rene Janssen and his team for giving us the opportunity to make ProgPower UK a reality."

ProgPower UK was scheduled to include performances by the following bands:

VANDEN PLAS
EVERGREY
BRAINSTORM
THUNDERSTONE
THY MAJESTIE
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
SERENITY
DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA
POWER QUEST
ANDROMEDA
VOYAGER

A VERY SICK EVERGREY FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up with english metal fans ? I mean this is England, the home of a very important metal wave, NWOBHM.

I bought my tickets the day they went on sale as I've been to the first two years of this festival and was really looking forward to this year more than any other as Evergrey were headlining.

I can't believe they couldn't sell enough tickets for with this line up, it makes me wonder if Evergrey will ever come to the UK again as on their last tour here the crowds weren't great in terms of the number of people and now with this show being cancelled I wonder how Evergrey feel about the UK

It sucks. I hope they do come to the UK again. I felt like almost apologising to them when they played Download in 06 and the dickhead organisers put them on the crappiest stage possible.

Fucking bad news!!!

And i wasted alot of money because fucking ryanair wouldnt refund my money... Wankers!

Sorry you couldn't get a refund that sucks!

I really hope Evergrey get the Saturday Headliner spot at Progpower Europe in October, with Pagans Mind and Threshold headlining the Friday and Sunday Evergrey on the Saturday would make this a must see gig for me:headbang:

evergrey pagans mind and threshold i think id be in heaven !!!!!!!!!!

i think they might play bloodstock as they have strong links with them

and i no the organisers are big fans of evergrey