Prototype "Live at the Whisky" Video on YouTube

VERY AWESOME! I know what I'm watching right now!

I've of course seen the Transcendent Velocity one before, and the single-cam Trinity and Seed ones, but checking the track-list, I can't wait to hear how songs like Mind in Motion and Relativity go live. Always wanted to see more live footage.

Also, what's with the Willy Wonka thing at the start of By Breeze? That made me LOL.

EDIT: Okay, I just finished watching the concert. It's pretty interesting looking back at footage from such a long time ago, hearing how some of these songs sounded before they were professionally recorded. You guys definitely killed it, and I'm sure the fans loved it (even got a couple of mosh pits going towards the end there). My favorites would probably be Relativity and Dead of Jericho, both just sounded so awesome. Also, I actually think I prefer the demo version of Transcendent Velocity to the album (and thus this live performance).

Overall it sounded great, the only issue being some of Vince's vocals. Most of the time his harsher style from back then works well on songs like By Breeze and the aforementioned Dead of Jericho, but it doesn't seem to fit as much on something like Mind in Motion where there's more of an emphasis on melody rather than aggression. But hey, that just shows he improved with time. :) The sound guys also should have turned up the volume on your guitar, Kragen, but other than those two minor quibbles, it's a great, energetic, raw live show.

Watching it kind of makes me wish you'd tour near me (hint, hint) :) I'd go see you in a heartbeat, no matter who you're supporting.

Hey Unholy,

Glad to hear that you liked the videos! Keep in mind that they are 15 (!) years old and we have all become better players (and singer) overall. I still think that it was a great night for the band, probably one of the best home town shows that we ever played because it was packed and the audience knew us well at that point. We had played the Whisky many times by then... Anyway, feel free to share the YouTube links anywhere that you think people might enjoy them. I'm going to try to start working on some "lesson videos" to share when the TAB book is done too.

Hopefully we will be gigging again at some point in the near future. If we are touring we will absolutely let you know. :)

Cheers!