Pungent Stench Australian Tour

Clarky

Youth Attack!
May 19, 2002
Melbourne
Direct From Metalshop (not the best source, but its all i got)

The Austrian Death Metal legends are back, and will return to Australia after almost ten years!

Here are the finalised dates and venues. Some support slots are still being finalised.

THURSDAY JANUARY 9
WA – Grovesnor Hotel, Perth

FRIDAY JANUARY 10
SA – LeRox, Adelaide

SATURDAY JANUARY 11
VIC – Corner Hotel, Melbourne

SUNDAY JANUARY 12
VIC – Tote Hotel, Melbourne (Under 18's)

THURSDAY JANUARY 16
ACT – Rock Ape Bar, Canberra

FRIDAY JANUARY 17
NSW – Gaelic Club, Sydney

SATURDAY JANUARY 18
NSW – Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle

SUNDAY JANUARY 19
QLD – Gabba Hotel, Brisbane

FUCK YEAH!

I've been waiting for these cunts to come back.I went to see them last time they came over(Has it really been 10 years??haha)at Fridays Mooloolaba and they wouldn't let me in cause i was 17.So i sat in the fucking beer garden with a cast of goon and savoured the moment when someone opened the doors to get in giving me a blast of the Stench.I ain't missing them this time.

I remember them touring last time. They were on a current affair or something. I know none of there stuff, but no doubt I'll end up at the show.

How I wish it was Hollenthon coming and not Pungent Stench. Hopefully I will be able to get my Hollenthon cd covers signed by Martin at least.

Here's some further news on the Pungent Stench date at the RockApe in Canberra (Thursday, the 16th January, 2003).
Tickets are $25 at the door, but get in earlier because we can only let in 150 people because of capicity restrictions.
The Supports are Psychrist and Reign Of Terror.
More news as it comes to hand.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Hollenthon is pretty much a solo gothic/death/doom/symphonic type project of Martin Shirenc of Pungent Stench. The vocals which are widely varied, and many of the symphonic elements come from samples. There are monk type vocals in places which is really cool. Both albums, Domus Mundi, and With Vilest of Worms to Dwell are of the highest standard.

Martin has just recently been taking the project on tour (with tour musicians no doubt), and played at Wacken this year. The email addr is hollenthon666@hotmail.com, and the web site is www.hollenthon.com.

Yeh Hollenthon are bloody excellent!
Domvs Mvndi is a killer album I highly recommend it (bitch to find tho).

its not overly difficult to find if u live in melbourne :D
personally i prefer their later release, but domvs is fuckin cool 2

does anybody know how much tix for the sydney show are? and if we can get them at the door? and also, on the pungent stench website, it seys their show is at the metro, is that a fuck up?

Lucky sons of bitches! I'd kill to see Pungent Stench live! Just look at my name damn it! :p

Pungent Stench has only ever played in Canada once! ONCE! Nowhere near where I live and it was around 10 years ago for us too. I was like... 10 at the time... so ya know, I just wasn't into them then... being 10 and all.

Originally posted by Extreme Deformity
Lucky sons of bitches! I'd kill to see Pungent Stench live! Just look at my name damn it! :p

Pungent Stench has only ever played in Canada once! ONCE! Nowhere near where I live and it was around 10 years ago for us too. I was like... 10 at the time... so ya know, I just wasn't into them then... being 10 and all.

Heh. The irony of this post! North America gets more tours in a month than Australia does in a decade. Judas Priest, for example, toured Australia in 2001 for the first time ever. I sympathise with you, though.