Questions on the venue

PMA

Prog Rock/Metal Head
Nov 29, 2003
SF Bay Area
www.timelinemusic.net
Hello to past attendees of PP Scandinavia. Some of us from California are thinking of making the trip for this years show. Can anyone tell me about the venue? I've been to PP USA and it is a great venue with not a bad seat in the house. Always a great view of the stage whether standing on the floor or sitting just about anywhere where there's seats (which there are many).

I know that the PP Scandinavia venue is smaller (only 600) but I am curious whether it's standing only or if there is seating and lastly, the quality of the sound there.

Would appreciate any help from the experienced.

Thanks,
Paul

The Rock does not have seating like the venue for PPUSA but it does have some bar stools in the back of the room near the bar area where you can sit. There is also an upstairs section with tables and chairs. That section is used (or was last year) as the smoking section so if you don't mind hanging out in the fog you can sit there as well. That section is lined up directly with the stage so the view is great from there.

As for the sound, I thought it was great! I'm no sound engineer but I do remember thinking it sounded very good to my untrained ears :)

Hope you'll make it to the show this year. Make sure you plan a few extra days to check out the city!

:headbang:

A not too big venue below street level, when i entered the venue last year for the first time was strangely surprised how the hell they ever made a venue out of that basement but at the end of the festival i thought this was one of the best places to have a festival like this. The only minor part was the big pole just in front of the stage at 1/3 of the left side.
As for the sound, the best sound we ever experienced at a venue or festival during most part of the weekend for this size of venue.

The best part of the entire weekend must have been the non-smoking policy in Denmark (and soon to be in Holland as well) in the venue (besides the balcony).

see you in Oct./Nov. !! :)

H.

A not too big venue below street level, when i entered the venue last year for the first time was strangely surprised how the hell they ever made a venue out of that basement but at the end of the festival i thought this was one of the best places to have a festival like this. The only minor part was the big pole just in front of the stage at 1/3 of the left side.

Yeah, the venue looks a bit strange at first sight, due to it being below street level and all. BUt as you said, it's a good place for a festival like this.

As far as the big pole goes, there's been a lot of talk about moving it, but since it carries the entire construction of the building it would be expensive as hell to move it.

As for the sound, the best sound we ever experienced at a venue or festival during most part of the weekend for this size of venue.

Yes, I think our sound engineers that weekend made everything sound loud and clear. Funny thing is that The Rock over the 2 first years of its existance has taken a lot of heat from having bad sound, so the local audience (and especially the media) are very prejudiced towards it. We've changed lots of things there lately, including most of the sound equipment, and for PPScan we even hired in a sound-team from Sweden to come and make everything perfect (which I think it was). Guess what - the main media in Denmark still slammed the festival for having bad sound, hahahahaha.

The best part of the entire weekend must have been the non-smoking policy in Denmark (and soon to be in Holland as well) in the venue (besides the balcony).

I'm almost certain that by PPScan 2008 the smoking policy will be even harder and smoking will not even be allowed up on the balcony.

c.

Hey Claus and all,

Thanks for the info on the venue. Would be especially good if there's no smoking in the whole place. That was one bad thing at PP USA last year where the no smoking policy was not followed. One other question regarding the weather at that time of year. Given Denmark is so far north, I assume it gets very cold in late Oct, correct? Is there snow?

Regards,
Paul

Another thing I noticed last year was there wasn't the usual push to get up to the front. I was able to get close to the stage at any point in the evening last year.

And I thought the sound was great last year also.

Thanks,
Bill

Hey Paul,

Would be especially good if there's no smoking in the whole place. That was one bad thing at PP USA last year where the no smoking policy was not followed.

Well, it's not really something you can feel in the rest of the venue if there's still smoking allowed on the balcony, as smoke goes upward, and there's a huge ventilation system right over the balcony.

One other question regarding the weather at that time of year. Given Denmark is so far north, I assume it gets very cold in late Oct, correct? Is there snow?

Yeah, it's probably quite cold. I'm not sure if there'll be actual snow by then, but expect rain and cold weather.

c.

Hey Paul,

Well, it's not really something you can feel in the rest of the venue if there's still smoking allowed on the balcony, as smoke goes upward, and there's a huge ventilation system right over the balcony.

Yeah, it's probably quite cold. I'm not sure if there'll be actual snow by then, but expect rain and cold weather.

c.

Thanks again, Claus. I just talked my wife into going with me so we'll likely arrive early to see Copenhagen and then see the show.

Hope to see your final band announcement soon.

Regards,
Paul

Another thing I noticed last year was there wasn't the usual push to get up to the front. I was able to get close to the stage at any point in the evening last year.

And I thought the sound was great last year also.

Thanks,
Bill

Hey Bill,

You going to be heading over again this year? I'll be making the trip again.

:kickass:Maybe see you down in front of the stage again?

Cheers!
Dan

PS: Sound was great in 2007 !! No stage crush (except for that guy who was trying to fellate Karl from Threshold's guitar)....