R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

It's almost easy to relate to though. Because having a flesh eating disease sounds painful and scary as FUCK so maybe drinking was his way of being able to deal with it.

This genuinely makes me sad. Like if I start to think about it too hard I get teary eyed. Ruining my metal status.

I've also got a buddy in his 40s that was there for the beginning of it all and he's devastated.

I know, I think many metalheads take this pretty hard. Slayer is one of a kind and some of the tracks he wrote are incredible.
A fucking spider started all this. :erk:

Yeah heard about it last night right after playing some metal. Kind of made me want to do a Slayer tribute. It's a shitty day for metal. RIP

The brown recluse spider : Because simply killing you with my poison isn't enough. I need to necrotize your flesh while you're alive, bitch.

Actually its not the spiders venom causing necrotizing fasciitis, necrotizing fasciitis is caused by an infection and bacteria. If I understood it right the cases where spiders cause necrotizing fasciitis the spiders are usually infected by it themselves and its usually not a threat to us, if we are healthy.

"The most common way of getting necrotizing fasciitis is when the bacteria enter the body through a break in the skin, like a cut, scrape, burn, insect bite, or puncture wound. Most people who get necrotizing fasciitis have other health problems that may lower their body's ability to fight infection. Some of these conditions include diabetes, kidney disease, cancer, or other chronic health conditions that weaken the body's immune system.
If you're healthy, have a strong immune system, and practice good hygiene and proper wound care, your chances of getting necrotizing fasciitis are extremely low"

Anyway. Looks like its starting to pop up information about Jeff and how hes been doing the last years, looks like he had it rough.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/...Alcohol-And-Not-The-Spider-Bite-#.UYQDKrU72Lo

I hope im not offending anyone by this post. It doesnt take away anything from the great music he wrote and performed.

if i got bitten by a spider i would drink myself to death too