R.I.P. Mikko Laine

As always a fantastic weekend, but this year with a very very sad end.

My thoughts goes to Mikkos family, friends, loved ones and the guys in Sole Remedy, to Rene and the whole ProgPower-Crew and to all of you fantastic friends from all over the world.

Take care!

R.I.P. Mikko

/Christer

As everyone above, my condolences to Mikko's family and friends. We all feel so sad about this tragic accident. This is life's lesson, so as a big progpower family we should take care of each other no matter what...

R.I.P. Mikko!

Antonio

Sole Remedy made with Apoptosis a brilliant album. The did a very good show last sunday at Progpower in Baarlo. I didn't understand why so many people were leaving the venue during the set. Back home I saw the shocking news.

RIP Mikko

You'll always be with us. We'll remember you in every progpower from now on, have no doubt about it wherever you are.

Right after Redemption we went to the castle, talking about another great edition of PPeu. Can't describe that terrible feeling the next morning when I heard the news about that accident.

My condolences to family, band and friends.

René, crew, volunteers of Sjiwa and all of the other PPeu-family who has to deal with this: my thoughts are with you.

RIP Mikko

We were on the road home while this terrible accident happened, read it next day on the website and were shocked.
Life is too short anyway, but it should not be that short and not end this way.
We all live only in the moment, we all had wonderful moments at the PPEU - Mikko was part of it and these great moments will always stay in the landscape of time!
(dont know if this sounds silly or describe exactly what I mean).
I feel incredible sorry for what happened and also want to post my condolence and best wishes and thoughts for family, friends and all involved people here.
RIP Mikko

My condolences to family, friends, bandmembers and last but not least progpower familymembers.

Listening to Mikko's music as we speak. I can just say to the band as one musician to another: keep making music. It helps.

Remco

Well this was my first festival and has been an amazing experience and fantastic. Although not really talked with anyone for not knowing how to speak English well, I have seen that even when I'm a complete stranger have treated me like part of a large family and the fact that someone who was part of this at the moment is gone I find it pretty hard truth.

Although I did not know Mikko, the fact that one person I would have liked to know me leave before the opportunity to not even talk to him ... I find it very hard, but I think people who know him like the sole remedy components and your family and I would like people to know that the show will ProgPower much support as possible and will also have my support from Spain if it makes them feel better.

My most sincere condolences to all and my support if needed. Rest in peace Mikko.

As Fretrunner said above, we were on the way back home and heart of this sad message on the next morning.
My condolences to the family, friends and the PPeu-community.

Your extended family here at ProgPower USA is also wishing strength and luck to everyone involved with PP Europe, especially Rene, the crew, Sole Remedy and Mikko's family. I was at a loss for words when I heard of such tragedy happening at ProgPower. You may not be aware, but us involved at ProgPower USA know exactly the type of atmosphere that goes on at PP EU. Year after year everyone gets reunited, it's almost a safe haven for everyone. It's a very, very sad thing to know that such a wonderful event has been tarnished by such horrible circumstance.

Warm regards to all of you guys here from the US. Be strong!

I am sorry to have to ask for a favour here, and I do not want to take over the thread, but you will probably understand. There is a garbage-vid "about" Mikko Laine by some lowlife on YT. Unfortunately it shows even up as "related" to the concert vid which it is of course not. (so please do not click on it via "related suggestions", that makes YT think there is connection for real; only by direct link (I cannot post the link here as UM makes that a vid-insert, which does not look nice here, but you can google it on YT with his name).
I am asking everyone to flag this down (not just "dislike" but flag) so that it gets removed asap and hopefully his friends and family won't get to see it.

Thank you for your help.

Guys,

I don't know what to say. I have been thinking about this all for last two days and it is still not making any sense. Mikko is gone; I know that we haven't really had a chance to know him properly, but now when he is somewhere else it all looks awkward and shattered.

ProgPower was our asylum. Our refugee from the normal, boring, stupid world. A place where there was nothing apart from love and fun waiting for us every year. A place, where everyone was our friend, no matter where from or what their favourite band was. The best time of the year.

Now it will never be the same again. The sanctuary has been violated by the terrible accident, so surreal, that none of us can still grasp on any understaning of it.

But I think the only way to continue is to be supportive of each other and to make sure that the festival carries on for the ones like Mikko - our friends, who we've never properly met but who were always close to us, and so similar to us in their love for music and the never-ending appetite for the world.

As every one of you, I would like to pass my words of support and love to Mikko's family and Sole Remedy friends, and of course to Rene, Christian and the rest of the crew. My thoughts are with you.

I cannot do much to relieve the pain, but I will make sure that the photographs I have taken during these three wonderful days will reflect all the atmosphere of the festival that we will always remember and enjoy for what it is - for being the best place and time on Earth.

Rest in peace, Mikko, and be sure, that - even from the above - you still rock.

I love you, ProgPower people. Present and absent. I truly do.

Yours,
Wojtek

Beautiful words Wojtekk, couldn't have said it better...:worship:

I am sorry to have to ask for a favour here, and I do not want to take over the thread, but you will probably understand. There is a garbage-vid "about" Mikko Laine by some lowlife on YT. Unfortunately it shows even up as "related" to the concert vid which it is of course not. (so please do not click on it via "related suggestions", that makes YT think there is connection for real; only by direct link (I cannot post the link here as UM makes that a vid-insert, which does not look nice here, but you can google it on YT with his name).
I am asking everyone to flag this down (not just "dislike" but flag) so that it gets removed asap and hopefully his friends and family won't get to see it.

Thank you for your help.

Do you mean the one by the youtube user "isayitlikeitis1" ?

WTF????? Earlier that Sunday there was an ambulance for a guy who drank not enough water and therefore was a "victim" of the high temperatures inside the venue....Luckily (for him) he was just dehydrated.
After the Redemption gig (which was really stunning!) we'd saw the 2nd. ambulance but had really no idea what had happened... On our bikes back to Camping de Berckt we all made jokes about overheated festival visitors... Never realizing that what did happen was far, far more radical......
R.I.P. Mikko, hopefully you'll find peace, wherever you are.... We'll never make jokes about ambulances, not any more...... :(

First, and most importantly, RIP Mikko, you will be sadly missed, Secondly, thank you Rene for another fantastic festival, it just gets better year on year and has now been proven to be one big family united in grief for this one tragic incident, but also united by the love of great music

Thank you for your help.

Flagged for removal