Read if you are or have ever been a fan of Metallica!

RockMega23

New Metal Member
May 27, 2004
Hello everyone,

Im pretty new to the boards on this site, so bear with me. I recently stumbled upon a site that gives all of the new info about the new Metallica movie coming out called Some Kind of Monster. I understand if you think that they sold out, but its still pretty good stuff, especially the clip that shows Lars and James going at it verbally. check it out for yourself!

http://www2.fanscape.com/metallica/redirects/skom_ecard.asp

Let me know what you think.
-RockMega23- :headbang:

I'm waiting to see this when it comes out...although I read that Dave Mustaine is in this as well...which is really cool...but unfortunately, from what I heard, he wasn't told they were filming this documentary, and I think Lars asked him to come up to do some interviews or something like that, and he walks in and there's all these cameras and shit...something to that extent. Not sure if that's exactly how it went down, but if it is - that's fucked up.

After listening to St. Anger at least 20 time, I just don't fucking like it at all (St. Anger and Frantic sound great live) but the album itself sounds like ass. Having said that...Metallica will still always be one of my favorite bands regardless of what they do from here on out...

Is this acting or reality, because if it's reality then webepisode 1 is so funny! Hetfield wining about what a shit day he's had, arguing with whiny lars, then kirk mumbling "come on guys, you have better things to do". So lame!

I guess Hetfield left the room with some inspiration for some angsty nu metal lyrics.

High On Maiden said:
Is this acting or reality, because if it's reality then webepisode 1 is so funny! Hetfield wining about what a shit day he's had, arguing with whiny lars, then kirk mumbling "come on guys, you have better things to do". So lame!

I guess Hetfield left the room with some inspiration for some angsty nu metal lyrics.

Awww fuck off. If it was Bruce Dickenson yelling at Steve Harris you'de be soiling yourself with anticipation. Now go listen to your Blaze Bayley era Maiden albums ye cock-callous!

I think Metallica's music has just gone downhill since Burton died, though I do admit that ...And Justice For All is a pretty good album. But overall, their stuff has just sucked.

But if it's not since Burton died, then I'd have to say that since atleast the Black Album, because that album sucked ass, and everything after that sucked too.

Well, overall, I'm just a big fan of their old stuff, and I'm not really interested anymore in any new things they may be doing nowadays, whethere it's music or movies.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Awww fuck off. If it was Bruce Dickenson yelling at Steve Harris you'de be soiling yourself with anticipation. Now go listen to your Blaze Bayley era Maiden albums ye cock-callous!

Why would I listen to Blaze era-Maiden? That would be nearly as torturous as listening to post-black album Metallica!

Dave Mustaine did sign a release paper that allowed them to use footage of him, but I think he wasn't happy with how they edited it.
I definitely want to see it.

Metallica is old news anyways, they dont top the true metalheads charts like they think they do.

There is nothing wrong with Maiden, I still find them to be one of the best metal bands out there.

Psychonaut said:
So let me get this straight. I have an opportunity to see an extended documentary of the making of one of the worst albums ever recorded and I get to pay to see it??? Where do I sign up?
Its not just the making of the album. Its all the problems and arguements the band went through. Its basically documenting the past year or so and all the events that led up to the release of the album. Its far more than just the making of the album

hmm...i want to see it, in the see the theater thing they have certains days and cities, does that mean it will only be shown certain places certain days or something?

I'm a fan of metallica and despite their bad albums i still will continue being a fan of the band, checking out new stuff, etc. Metallica was one of the first metal bands i ever checked out and i still hold them close to my heart even with their shitty releases.