Rebuild Room/Ambient track from dry drumkit..

==>Alb<==

Jul 27, 2009
Hey guys I've just checked some tips for recreating the ambient track from a dry drum kit with a simple reverb...

how do you do that?
any info about eq before or after reverb
parameters into the reverb
saturation with valve stages simulators or tape etc

I'm tweaking a little bit because the ambient track of superior has his samples
and I want recreate the amb track from the retriggered kit.

Just create a new stereo bus/track called "DrumRoom/or whatever" and send all of your close mic'd drums to the new bus. Try to adjust send levels like the drums would hit a room mic. More snare than kick for example. As far as eq and compression, I treat it like a room mic. So in other words, smashing the living shit out of it. Probably tame the highs quite bit.

Hope This Helps \m/ \m/

I forgot to say I'm trying room and plate rev with 3 sec of release time and a little bit of predelay and a little hishelf -4db at 6000 before the rverb

If you can, check out some of the great convolution reverbs out there, like Audioease Altiverb or Waves IR-L. They are based on room impulses (rather than delay algorithms) and can help you achieve a natural room sound quite easily - just put the plug on an aux and bus your close mics to it, and as Studdy said, try to recreate the sound of a room mic. You'll be surprised how close you can get.

In addition to using convolution reverbs and stuff, you can also play the drumtracks through your monitors, and put up roommics in your room. I like doing this with a single ribbonmic sometimes and then squash the hell out of it. Depends on how your room sounds though.

I read lots of good things about Ir reverbs but I never tried them, don't know why...
does those reverb impulses work with kefir or lecab or I need a another convolution loader like waves ir or altiverb?
Thanks for the infos guys

Sh*t these days I'm so busy I havent opened my daw yet for try something