Recommend me some norwegian bands!

raZe

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2002
Norway
Visit site
I may be from Norway, but damned if I've found a good Norwegian band. I was wondering if you could help me find some :)

Forget black metal. Its too extreme for me. Some of the bands I like are Iron Maiden, Metallica, In Flames, Sepultura, Slayer.

I'm also beginning to like pm bands such as Helloween, Nevermore and Edguy.

Have any of you heard of Persuader, by the way? They're fucking great!!!

Thanks in advance for your help. :cool:

if you like nevermore, check out scariot.
they used to have a growler, but have replaced him with a clean voice vocalist. their stuff with the clean voice is by far their best..

maybe you know them already, since theyve been playing a lot live in norway, for exampel at the inferno festival.

but to those of you who havent, check them out.

samples can be found at http://home.no.net/scariot/home.php
check out their new stuff from the demo 'pinion dark'

You could like some newer In The Woods... The older is also great, but a bit more extreme so you might not like it. Try the album Omnio.

Well, if you're interested in slightly "technical" stuff, you could also check out A.R.K. (with Jorn Lande) and possibly even Spiral Architect..

i saw godsize warming up for paul di'anno here in trondheim.. they seemed good, although i saw the show from quite a different angle.. (drunk)..

Originally posted by ThomasKvick

- norsk arysk black metal - since when can non germans be aryans???

pretty much since the nazis stole the word and started using it in their propaganda... The "aryan race" is not confined by the borders of germany. It represents the people indigenous to northern europe, or as the nazis them selves described it "non-jewish caucasians".
The word aryan actually comes from the sanskrit arya refering to the noble people speaking an Indo-European dialect who migrated into northern India.
... so todays lesson ends :D