-Children of bodom
-CKy
-avenged sevenfold
-turisas
-Soulfly

it doesnt nesscesarily have to be metal:saint:

thanks ,matt :loco:

You'd almost certainly like Slayer.

Also, listen to Down. Same vocalist as Pantera's, but much better songwriting.

Have you listened to any black or death metal? If not, refer to this thread.

You'd almost certainly like Slayer.

Also, listen to Down. Same vocalist as Pantera's, but much better songwriting.

Have you listened to any black or death metal? If not, refer to this thread.

thanks, loadsa ppl love slayer ive already heard a few songs like bloodline.im gonna download some more and ill try that "down" band.

^ Be sure to listen to their earlier stuff - especially the stuff on Reign in Blood. It's a lot different from their '90s/'00s sound.

hey
any bands u could recommend for me or point me towards

im trying to expand my music

i like/love:worship:
-megadeth
-pantera
-metallica
-R.A.T.M
-S.O.A.D
-rammstein
-kreator
-Children of bodom
-CKy
-avenged sevenfold
-turisas
-Soulfly

Megadeth, Metallica, Kreator, Pantera - good, thrash stuff...try Testament (Much like Metallica + Megadeth), Sodom and Destruction (more Kreator-y), as well as Exodus and Metal Church
RATM - good...
SOAD + Rammstein - BAD! Not shit metal, real metal. Please...
Avenged Sevenfold? AAAAAAGH! You're killing me, man...stop it. Get some fuckin' Shadows Fall or something...
Turisas? Good...VIKINGS!:headbang:
Bodom...try Wintersun...fuckin' epic melodic death metal
Soulfly < Sepultura

Get some Amon Amarth - Heavier than Pantera, more melodic than Avenged 7x, more epic than Turisas...
Also, Shadows Fall, Testament, Sodom, Destruction, Exodus, Metal Church...

At least you already got some Slayer...but dude...God Hates Us All? Gotta go for Reign In Blood...whole thing's on limewire, btw...trust me, within a week you'll have dropped SOAD...Rummshtein might last longer, seeing as they're a little better...
The Avenged 7X has got to go, though...
Also, just a thought, but try some Edguy. Bet you'll like it.

Megadeth, Metallica, Kreator, Pantera - good, thrash stuff...try Testament (Much like Metallica + Megadeth), Sodom and Destruction (more Kreator-y), as well as Exodus and Metal Church
RATM - good...
SOAD + Rammstein - BAD! Not shit metal, real metal. Please...
Avenged Sevenfold? AAAAAAGH! You're killing me, man...stop it. Get some fuckin' Shadows Fall or something...
Turisas? Good...VIKINGS!:headbang:
Bodom...try Wintersun...fuckin' epic melodic death metal
Soulfly < Sepultura

Get some Amon Amarth - Heavier than Pantera, more melodic than Avenged 7x, more epic than Turisas...
Also, Shadows Fall, Testament, Sodom, Destruction, Exodus, Metal Church...

At least you already got some Slayer...but dude...God Hates Us All? Gotta go for Reign In Blood...whole thing's on limewire, btw...trust me, within a week you'll have dropped SOAD...Rummshtein might last longer, seeing as they're a little better...
The Avenged 7X has got to go, though...
Also, just a thought, but try some Edguy. Bet you'll like it.

hey, how about you quit being a cock and criticizing his taste in music. He asked for reccomendations, not whether you and your asshole approve of what he's listening to.

As far as reccomendations, I'd say go for some Savatage, Slayer, Evergrey, Kalmah, Ensiferum, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden.

hey
any bands u could recommend for me or point me towards

im trying to expand my music

i like/love:worship:
-megadeth
-pantera
-metallica
-R.A.T.M
-S.O.A.D
-rammstein
-kreator
-Children of bodom
-CKy
-avenged sevenfold
-turisas
-Soulfly

only one good band in that entire list! for more stuff like turisas check out:
moonsorrow
thyrfing
korpiklaani
thyrfing
finntroll

HAILS TO THE HEATHEN GODS!
~gR~

I won't say my favorite stuff, but only things in some way similar to one's you've mentioned (develop ya taste one step at a time)

-megadeth, pantera, metallica < Sinner (the one from Germany I think), Iced Earth, Nightingale, Primal Fear

-R.A.T.M < One Minute Silence (-only- their first two albums)

-rammstein < Samael (albums from 1994 onwards), Kovenant, Sirenia.
-kreator < Slayer,Xentrix

-Children of bodom < Norther, In Flames (mid era, 1996-2000)

-avenged sevenfold < Mercenary.

Don't think anybody's mentioned it yet, but you might want to try arch enemy as well. if you're in to the "metalcore" scene [a7x's first 2 albums] you've got a lot of crap to choose from, bands like atreyu, as i lay dying and bullet for my valentine(though many people say metalcore is rubbish, it doesn't matter what they say, as long as you like it -- please note: bfmv is not crap) knock yourself out with testament and slayer as others have said, they're fucking great bands!

Don't think anybody's mentioned it yet, but you might want to try arch enemy as well. if you're in to the "metalcore" scene [a7x's first 2 albums] you've got a lot of crap to choose from, bands like atreyu, as i lay dying and bullet for my valentine(though many people say metalcore is rubbish, it doesn't matter what they say, as long as you like it -- please note: bfmv is not crap) knock yourself out with testament and slayer as others have said, they're fucking great bands!
BFMV is crap.
And for metalcore, listen to Heaven Shall Burn.

Unearth
Killswitch Engage
All That Remains
Children of Bodom

Oh, and before anyone flames me, this is the gateway for a lot of people, so fuck off.