Recovering from Maiden!

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
That was a kick ass show! I agree with your opinion on the volume Rabies, they were friggin loud! I haven't screamed like that at a show in a long time.

Hey, I just read a thread on the IM BB about how Bruce ranted to the audience about post that was put up there about how he supposedly lip syncs in concert. Is this true? Did he actually rant on about this?

rabies said:
Hey, I just read a thread on the IM BB about how Bruce ranted to the audience about post that was put up there about how he supposedly lip syncs in concert. Is this true? Did he actually rant on about this?

Yeah, he ranted about a bunch of stuff. This particular rant was in relation to some "fan" who said that they were lip synching on Children of the Damned. He said basically that the guy must be out of his mind because they didn't even play the song!

Lip synching, I seriously doubt. I will say this much about Bruce's voice, they were using a weird effect on it during Revalations that gave his voice a child like quality. I'm not suggesting that they were giving him electronic help for vocal range but I think they were using one of those "vocal producer" type effects and didn't have it set quite right.

Maiden was better than the first night. I think they may have been a little hung over when I saw them in Mountain View. The show was pretty much identical to the first but all of the bands seemed to give it a little extra.
Bruce ranted at some big guys who were moshing and bullying people and it got pretty heated. He also ranted about the stupid fucking names for some of the places they've played on this tour. This show was at the Sleep Train amphitheatre and he wondered if anyone at the concert was actually in need of a mattress, and said maybe the advertising was actually directed at the cows (the place was in the middle of farm land) maybe they were in need of a mattress! It was one of the funnier rants I've heard from him.