Reign in blood review

Bambi

Villain of the piece
Dec 19, 2001
Evil lair
Visit site
from amazon.com
two sentences into this i knew :

a)this moron was some twenty something and didnt have a damn clue about why thrash was the greatest metal genre EVAH :worship:

b) this FUCKING moron would mention opeth before he was finished

the kids just dont GET it. lets poke metal with a stick, its dead.

Slayer would be a great band if they just changed a few things about themselves. 1- Getting a lead singer that can actually sing, 2-structure their songs into some kind of organized format, 3-Put more variety into the music.
I first bought this CD b/c like everyone says it's "the greatest thrash CD ever!" When I opened the case I was HIGHLY disappointed to see that out of the 10 songs on this record, a whopping 8 were under 3 minutes long, and the other 2 were a mere 4 1/2 minutes long. I popped it in just to see "well, even though it's short, it might still be good." I was wrong. Sure they play fast as hell, and the guitarist can solo his head off with his lightning fast solo's, unfortunately the whole album feels unsolid, like a melted icecube, everthing just seems to fall everywhere and mix itself up too much. This in turn makes each song sound alike. The vocals are fast, the guitars are fast, the drums are fast, everything is so fast but not really that heavy, like let's say Metallica's "Master of Puppets" album, where the tempo was slower but songs had structure, it felt like it was going somewhere, and the songs were fuller, more bass. Another problem was the soloing itself. Sure it was fast, but it seems it was just there for the guitarist to boast his talent. The solo's didn't work WITH the music, rather, on top of it. After a chorus was over, the solo would start on top of a repeating riff behind it and stop, then the chorus or next verse would start. The solo's didn't lead into or away from the rest of the music, unlike handfuls of Metallica's music, where Kirk Hammett's solo's follow a structure. Last but not least, on top of everything else, the songs just had no rhythm or melody for that matter whatsoever. Isn't that what makes metal music good? Driving rhythems? Intelligent Melodics? Well, I guess in the world of arrogant metal, melody is for sissy's. I love Metal myself, but more in the talents of Metallica, Opeth, Type-o-Negative, Pantera, Blind Guardian and such. I gave this album 2 stars because even though I disliked it, I thought these guys can definitely play their instruments unlike a whole lot of bands out there, I'd just wish they'd pinpoint their talents and work together as a band, instead of just spreading it all over the place. If the album's half hour length doesn't turn you off, the abstracted noise probably will.

yeah, god forbid that you let someone have an opinion different from yours. leave the kid alone. i think it's agreat album, but i don't expect everyone else to think the same way. some of his points are valid too.

worry about something more important folks...

Bambi said:
silence!

continue to pour scorn on that dweeb people!

you're a sad, sad person bambi.

so, what bands do you not particularly rate huh? opeth perhaps? tell me what's wrong with them without being a hypocrite if you can.

thought you say it because you like Slayer... but why to kill his friends also then? (sorry, my head is full of english politics and I hardly understand anything... think I'm only good for bonbon-making at the moment :erk: )