Requesting you all to do the same, lets ask for an live DVD recording on the last COB show

Fastbodom

I Spit on Your Grave
Jul 17, 2006
The Netherlands
making an patition is to late now for all of us to sign about this dvd idea a few has spoken of in the other thread that goes about COB members parting...

what i just did was i wrote an Email to Nuclearblast contact person that works with COB, i wrote the booking FIN and the COB management,

what if we all do the very same with that you want to have this very last show recorded as Live DVD, maybe if we write them enough emails we will be getting their attention and this could actually happen....

i wrote an email to
florian.milz@nuclearblast.de and i put in the CC jouni@greybeard.fi and steve@davisentertainmentgroup.com ...

i hope all of you guys will do the same, and who knows.. we can hope for the best of this DVD,
begging them to make COB work again wont work, lets all beg them to atleast capture this last DVD for all to remember for us fans !!!

WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE HERE, the band already is going to its end.. the more emails we send, the more attention it gets, what if they will go with this idea... wouldnt it be awesome for us to remember this moment forever ?

Bodom love <3

I shared this in the "Children of Bodom Fans" Facebook group.
( Interview with guys on the DVD would be really good too. )

a7486a6ea2.jpg

I wrote to bodominjarvi and cob_press (instagram) too. :)

d3581d1d4d.png

Last edited:
I don't believe the issue here is the cost of filming. We do not know if the band are on good terms with one another, or if they are motivated to rehearse seriously before the last tour. The last shows they have played were not exatly their best performances.

It's even possible that the mood is just sad and that they almost feel forced to have "give it their best" when playing together this last time. Naturally the whole hassle with setting up a filming crew might not even be something they want, even if NB or someone else paid for everything.

Good recording could also be uploaded to Youtube to watch for free or a download link at the website. Maybe the arrangements for a DVD are a bit late now but they could still film it. And for that idea I'm definitely in with you guys to try and make that happen!

As for the guys' mood and if they're in good terms; at least Alexi said that they are in good terms and "even if we weren't, it doesn't fuckin matter. You gotta be a professional. Those people have paid a lot of money to see the show and you should never let personal issues show on stage. If you need to pretend you're having a good time then you have to pretend."
And the guys that are leaving can't be tired of the fans, I'm sure they are fuckin excited about that show even if it's the last one. Pretty sure that for a professional musician it's not the practice or the performance that make you wanna stop but the time spent on bus/airport/planes, jetlag, missing home, all the other downsides. I'm sure they'll give their absolute best, it would be a lame ending if they didn't. How much would ypu hate yourself if you ended such a great career with a tired looking show. I'm expecting it to be fuckin great. At least the shows I saw earlier this year were absolutely amazing, especially Kaisaniemi and Masters Of Rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
You can’t expect the passion and fire to be there when they’ve decided to quit. Besides that the current set ain’t that spicy. DVD’s don’t sell anymore so it would have to be planned with care.

They should’ve made a DVD back in 2000-2001 and another in 2004 and third maybe 2013.

If Alexi had memorized the lyrics, a DVD of the SW / HB tour would’ve been gold.

Let’s hope the new band is exciting and we get a DVD once they make a new album, maybe late 2021.

Last edited:
Even if my previous post was pessimistic, I did support the initiative and sent emails.

Joonas in right that there is no market for DVD:s anymore, However, even if it's an old and obsolete formast (at least in first world countries) it has MUCH better audio quality than fucking Jewtube videos. Seriously, all the younger people that only watch online videos with severly compressed quality may not even know what they miss out on. At least if they have good speakers or headphones.

Thank you for emailing too, i hope everyone does,

Its not if the market will be good enough for selling dvd’s yes or no, eventually we all will buy it in case of having this end show with us, it for me will be like an haritage,
Something to remember them for the last active thing they did, and yes i will be at the show, having the dvd of remembering i was there during that show which is the very last is amazing last gift they can give us fans right ?, Dont you think they owe it too us as we are the hate crew fans, some of other level then just being a fan, we are the hate crew right !?

im kinda going far in this, but Yes, they suddenly after 26 years are stopping, this cant be a big offer they could do for us, lets hope !

Obviously a DVD would only be done to attract people to see the new line-up, so this idea you're proposing is just silly and I'm sure you're making a few dudes at NB spill their morning coffee laughing like they probably haven't in a long time.

Obviously a DVD would only be done to attract people to see the new line-up, so this idea you're proposing is just silly and I'm sure you're making a few dudes at NB spill their morning coffee laughing like they probably haven't in a long time.
Just send an email will ya ? You always have the tendency to be very positive ha... It doesnt take that much of an effort, we already have no for an awnser, the more we send them emails, maybe they will think about it.

It is not their to decide, only the band can decide if they want to make a DVD or not. And I seriously doubt they want to, because if they didn't do it in those years when they sounded good (Joonas mentioned them), they certainly won't do it now.

Two last chances were 2013 and 2017, in those years the sounded almost like back in the day, they only released that festival footage from Summer Breeze.

Those last gigs from Russia, they sounded crappy and bored, honestly. Better not make a shitty DVD as your last release as a band. People are going to film it in good quality and post on youtube anyways.

They have shown some COB shows on TV in finland, even this year they showed some festival gig. Let's not forget COB is really appreciated in finland. Someone could really be interested in filming the last show.
Filming it to be downloaded on their website or shown on TV could also prevent the sea of smartphones lmao I hate it when I'm in the 1st row and some instagram photographer is sticking their iphone in front of my face and going "don't move Im gonna drop this" lol (happened in July) fuck.
Hope there's no "drunk area" either bc they usually get more front row but the drunks will pull on people's hair and go "ALLUU PAITA POISSS XDDDDD" greetings to the lady in Hämeenlinna you really made my night awesome by trying to rip my friend out of your way and ripping at my hair.

Last edited:
Let's not forget COB is really appreciated in Finland.

Hardly. Any basic rapper loser is more appreciated in the mainstream media here. It's incredible but at the same time it's cool, cos the vast majority of people have their ears trained to listen to vocals and lyrics only. Bodom is treated like a punk band here, it's quite a shame. Maybe one day in the future their past existence will be appreciated. They're appreciated among musicians, yes, but media?

Well appreciated to the point where I get "true" metalheads trying to "educate" me in bars to try and listen to Less Mainstream metal :D
Often get mistaken for a girl and it's like "I knoowww Allu is so hot but we know that's not the point lol how about Celtic Frost :)"

Reactions: Hatebreeder8