Revalver MkIII + Waves PRS D.I Box - A Good Buy?

AshM

Apr 30, 2009
London, UK
Hey guys

I'm looking to improve my home amp/sim combo. I've always used Protools but recently installed Logic due to it having Space Designer, so I got some I.R's and I'm thinking about getting Revalver MkIII and the Waves PRS D.I box, mainly because I've found them for a great price together. I figured Revalver is probably good for me because I am actually going to buy a 5150 in a month or so, so in the mean time I could use the 6505 model on Revalver.

So yeah, any thought on these 2 products?

Cheers! :)

Sounds good, yeah the D.I is probably nothing special, but just a nice addition as I need one anyway, plus I get an ilok.

Anyone else use Revalver??

I've been dorking with the demo of Mk III and I've got to say I like it quite a bit. I haven't bought the full thing yet, but it's definitely on the list of stuff I want to get at some point. Side to side to my 6505+ I was able to get Mk III to sound damn damn damn close to the actual amp through the Mesa 4x12 with a 57 on it. Pretty impressed with it overall.

No experience with the DI box though.

Cool I didn't notice there was a a demo, just trying it out. Seems pretty good to me, the 6505 does sound good man. Should work well with some cab IR's eh.

Cool I didn't notice there was a a demo, just trying it out. Seems pretty good to me, the 6505 does sound good man. Should work well with some cab IR's eh.

If your CPU can handle it, make sure you try running it in the high resolution mode. And tweak the low/high/drive settings on the cabinet you use in it. Those things can make a big difference I've found.

If your CPU can handle it, make sure you try running it in the high resolution mode. And tweak the low/high/drive settings on the cabinet you use in it. Those things can make a big difference I've found.

I will do the hi-res mode, what does it do exactly? Also, I'm looking at the 6505 and I see control for presence, resonance and output on the cab but not for tonal settings...?

The PRS DI sucks with active pickups. Clipping city. Other than that, it's very nice, especially with a PRS guitar.

Thats fine, I only really use passives at the moment, and I can just use a different D.I box if I come across an active guitar/bass. Still, thats annoying that it clips, there's really no way of getting round it?? That sucks!