Reviews!

Here's what I had to say in my review that appeared on Rock Is Life.com. By the way, the CD finished at #7 on my best of 2008 list.

"The progressive and power metal mix put forth by Pagan’s Mind was previously unheard by me, but I was quite taken with their approach after listening to this disc. The two instrumentals on the album were decent. “The Conception” opens the album and “Farewell” conveys a finely constructed example of mood as the album preps to close out. The vocal work from Nils K. Rue is superb overall. I did think the pronounced delivery on “Hallo Spaceboy” seemed a bit forced. Otherwise, the guy is a vocal powerhouse.

As for the rest of the songs on the disc, you really can’t find much to fault with the material. “United Alliance” is a simply great tune that shines a light on each member of the band. I really got into the pounding rhythms of “Atomic Firelight” which ended up as my own favorite track. “Alien Kamikaze” and “Evolution Exceed” also burn and shred with their aggressive tempos. If you want to know how the band sounds when they slow down their aural assault, “Painted Skies” is the track you are looking for. The closing track “Osiris’ Triumphant Return” is a galloping burst of energy.

The band has over the course of their five albums carved out a place in the progressive metal pantheon with their tight songwriting and vibrant performances…I’m just sorry that I haven’t been onboard until now."