RIOT - Immortal Soul

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
Riot are back with Tony Moore and Bobby Jarzombek like in the late 80's.

I've only listened to some tracks through YT, but it reminds me of the old good "Thundersteel" and "Privilege Of Power".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuoD3Bzpnr4&feature=related[/ame]

More than 35 years on the road, more than 15 edited albums, and only 1 comment? :(

Uh... I think my concept of heavy metal is so different from most of the youngsters of this forum. *sigh

Carlos, we both are strange guys.

More than 35 years on the road, more than 15 edited albums, and only 1 comment? :(

Uh... I think my concept of heavy metal is so different from most of the youngsters of this forum. *sigh

Carlos, we both are strange guys.

What you have to understand Jevil, is that these vocals are as off-putting to most people as super guttural death metal vocals are.
The music in that trailer sounded completely generic too.

I can do both ... but it all depends on the "singer"

There are just as many singers that annoy or put me off as there are screamers or grunters

it all has to do with the tone and style really

I can do both ... but it all depends on the "singer"

There are just as many singers that annoy or put me off as there are screamers or grunters

it all has to do with the tone and style really

I know, I was trying to point out that it's still a bit of an acquired taste.

I always find classic heavy metal fails to live up to my expectations too, being disappointed by stuff that I want to like.

Never fear Jevil...I am here as well! Riot "Thundersteel" is one of my all time favorite albums...period. Yes, the guitar sounds are a little too thin. Mark (the guitarist) sometimes overreaches on his solos, going beyond his capabilities, and yeah, the lyrics may be a little cheesy at times. But honestly, NONE of that has ever bothered me because the songs are just SO DAMN AWESOME. I can see where the singer may be a bit of an acquired taste for some...but I can say that about most modern stuff. (the fact that singing is now referred to as clean vocals, and too much of it or harmonies is considered "gay" around here...just completely baffles me) I like what I'm hearing on the new album. I'm loving the thick guitar sound. And it's great to hear Tony back on vocals. His voice is showing his age a little, but still sounds damn good. For me, it's definitely not going to be Thundersteel II...but it's still a welcome addition to my library.

I love the classic Riot with Rhett Forrester or Guy Speranza. Not so much the later stuff but I have huge respect for Mark Reale.

There are some great albums with Mike DiMeo too like "Brethren...", "Nighbreaker" and "Inishmore", I love how they blend 2 of my favorites bands like Rainbow and Thin Lizzy.

I had the chance to open for them few years ago. Mark Reale was... weird, strange, introverted... he was skinny as hell and he was dressed like it had arrived from the past in a Delorean. I'd say his hair is a wig.
The rest of the band were very nice.