RIP Dave "Metal Merch Monkey" Stephenson

BabyDuck

Delicate Fuckin Flower
Jul 15, 2005
The city that rhymes with fun!
It is with the most broken heart that I write this. My friend Dave, had been fighting we thought, successfully a form of cancer. He was on his way to recovery, all systems go. Last night Danny called me (Dave's Brother) and told me that that evening dave had passed away in the hospital.. I hadn't even known he's gone in, it was that fast.

Danny and his family need some love right now so any kind thoughts would most likely be appreciated, as well, when the funeral is announced I'll post the date so if you can, you should go.

Cortney

I was finally gonna see him again in a few weeks, it's not yet sinking in that we won't ever again. :cry: RIP brother, I will not forget you...

Some of you guys have met him as the merch guy, and on this forum he posted as Lord Of Pain..

can230904_07_marlies_dave.jpg

This is so sad. My friend Carrie and I were able to hang out with Dave in Cleveland when IE was on tour with HammerFall. He was so funny and sweet to us. We'll miss seeing him behind the merch table. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. \m/ RIP

Dave has been a part of Into Eternity for a very long time,he was Pre-IE,along with his brother Danny,he was a permanant fixture in Reginas Metal scene for as long as I can remember,he was a devoted Metaller,who always loved to get involved,be it working the door,loading gear,security or selling Merch-(what he liked best!) He was a regular friend and customer at R.O.W. (X-Ray Records) for years.He was a very loyal friend and a generous one at that-he would always be willing to hook a brother up so to speak with something that he knew you liked,I remember many times Dave hookin me up with Killer shirts ,CDs & Books,even after i moved away from Regina he continued to mail me stuff,why? because he respected me and he liked me.I wish I could have thanked him for that more than I did.So thats what im doing now. Dave was Solid,Dave was True,Dave cared about his family & friends,and I am lucky to have been one of those friends.Dave was a part of the Elite Core of Regina Metal Heads and will be forever Hailed.I'll Miss You Dave and will always Love you.Wherever he is now-He was on The Guest List when he got there.
R.I.P. Metal Dave The Warrior

My condolences go out to his Brother Danny (you are a Warrior like your Brother dont ever forget that and a Loyal & True Friend) & his Family,and too my Dear Friend Tim Roth who was Truely his Best Friend.He was so very proud of you Bro ,you did good by him.Keep Thrashing as you know Dave would want you too & Come home safe-Love You Brother.

Derek Petrovitch
Or as Dave called me D-Rock

I had the opportunity of meeting and hanging out with Dave quite a few times in the past year and a half and I will absolutely never forget the attention and care that he showed to me and Paula (IceQueen_). I am desolated to hear about this and all of my thoughts and prayers are with his family and rest of friends now. I will truly miss seeing you brother, thanks for the great times we had together!

Milton M.

AngraRULES said:
I had the opportunity of meeting and hanging out with Dave quite a few times in the past year and a half and I will absolutely never forget the attention and care that he showed to me and Paula (IceQueen_). I am desolated to hear about this and all of my thoughts and prayers are with his family and rest of friends now. I will truly miss seeing you brother, thanks for the great times we had together!

Milton M.

speechless
:(
Rest in peace, Dave!

I got a message from Dave and Danny's sister Lisa, who asked me to post a message here for her:

I am Dave's sister, I have been reading all of the things that people have been writing on these sites and it is just wonderful.
Dave would be sooo thrilled to know all of these people are thinking about him. I cannot tell you how wonderful this makes us all feel
we had no idea how many people he knew. This has been the worst 3 days of my life, Dave was my Big Brother he was a wonderful,
loving, kind and amazing person. I hope that you all know how much he thought of all of you, he talked about all these people like they were his family
as well.
I Hope that as many people as possible can come on Tuesday, we really want it to be a celebration of his life, we have made every effort to do what we think he would have wanted.

I said the other day that if there had to be a reason, for Dave to go that it had to be that all of the rock gods that have went before him must be going
out on tour, and they needed a really good merch. guy!!!!!!
Thanks so Much!!! Lisa

I am as floored as everyone over this I just got home its 9pm Monday and I get a message that Dave our friend from Regina has passed away and I will not be able to make it for the funeral and I really wanna be there..

Dave I will never forget all the good times we had together brother!:headbang::kickass:
Rob

I put this on his myspace page a little bit ago:

"I just found out about an hour ago that you are no longer with us. To say that I am only sad doesn't even begin to describe what I feel. You were one of the nicest, selfless people I know. I enjoyed our many, many long talks on the phone and at the gigs. You always managed to make me laugh, no matter if you had to make a fool of yourself to do it or not! :) I am still in such shock... may you have one helluva party with so many of your favourite rockstars where you're at now!!!"

My hugs also go out to Danny, Lisa, his young daughter and the guys as well. Thank you for posting about it, Cortney, it's much appreciated.

I'm totally in shock over hearing that Dave passed on. I worked as a merch guy along side Dave in Aug 2005 for the Hammerfall, Edguy & Into Eternity tour and he came and stayed with me in Connecticut right before he went on tour with gamma ray. My condolences go out to all of his family

at first it didn't hit me who he was... now it does. i'm positive i met him for a small instance. this is sad news indeed. last week was weird. there was just this negative vibe in the world. just looking at IE one can really see what i mean. but things are going to look up. I hope to see you when you pass through NJ on saturday and if i end up chilling for a bit you'll hear my regards personally, Tim.

thank you... this is the 3rd really hard funeral for me in the last few years, and EVERYTIME I get "the dreaded" call for pictures its the really shitty part about being a photographer you know??? I was at the funeral with my friend Megan and I started bawling telling her.. Well that night Behemoth was at our house... and that's When I met them in Winnipeg... and thats when he got his new tattoo..
blech...