ROADBURN FESTIVAL 2008

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
Saturday, April 20th, 2008

[URL="http://www.myspace.com/celticfrost"]CELTIC FROST
CELTIC FROST will perform a special one-off show at Roadburn, comprised of a repertoire which will be slightly different from the tour repertoire played in 2006 and 2007.
Cult of Luna
Boris
Acid Mothers Guru
Cephalic Carnage

Electric Wizard
Jesu
The Heads
Kongh
Electric Orange
Dixie Witch

Year of No light
Lesbian
Kruger
Nadja
My Sleeping Karma

Friday, April 19th, 2008

ISIS
TROUBLE
Witchcraft
Blood of The Sun

Tony McPhee's Groundhogs
Scott Kelly
Grails
Baby Woodrose
Danava
Mos Generator

Church of Misery
Earthless
The Assemble Head in Sunburst Sound
Gentleman's Pistols
Zone Six
[/URL]
Also in an "aftershow" event, CURRENT 93 will perform supported by OM. I am so 10000000000000% there this year.

The Dutch might suck on BBQ but you will taste some other things in Holland so if you like the Rock n Roller, a different life and Whisky Cola, don't be low keep your own style and catch your train.
To Roadburn.

I wanted to attend the 2007 edition (Colour Haze, Neurosis...) but couldn't, to my eternal sorrow. The lineup is less attractive to me this time, but still pretty excellent, so I'll probably go and bang some.

Yes, the 2007 lineup was better for me too (Sun Dial, Acid King, The Hidden Hand, Siena Root, BLUE FUCKING CHEER and many others) but this one is also a definite winner, the hotel rooms are already booked, in a week the plane/festival tickets as well and off we go.

We're also pleased to report that the Roadburn Pre - Heat on Thursday, April 17th, 2008 is shaping up nicely: we're going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Lee Dorrian's Rise Above Records --it's going to be the first show in a series of anniversary events throughout 2008. On the bill are GRAND MAGUS, CAPRICORNS & TAINT, with several other Rise Above bands to be announced very soon. More info about this special event will follow.

The line-up for the Roadburn Afterburner, which is scheduled for Sunday, April 20th, 2008 is complete now: THE GLASSPACK, GRAVEYARD, SOURVEIN, BEEHOOVER, DZJENGHIS KHAN, and the bass-heavy stonerrock of Holland's very own REPOMEN [a side project of Peter Pan Speedrock].

"You'll be wanting to stick around after the main festival to attend David Tibet's special day-long event [Sunday, April 20, 2008] at the 013 main hall with performances from CURRENT 93, OM, ÆTHENOR & BABY DEE, plus more to be announced. ÆTHENOR will be joined by some very special guests, including Ulver vocalist, Kristoffer Rygg his first live appearance in over a decade"

Oh my, oh my...