Robotech to be made a live-action movie

Too bad it's based on Robotech, and not Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Genesis Climber Mospeada and Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, the three anime they cut up and sewed back together to get Robotech.

I wish that the Battletech: Mechwarrior movie would have been done. Was to be done by the same guy who did Fly Boys, and produced ID4. But... it never got enough funding. Maybe now it will.

Too bad it's based on Robotech, and not Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Genesis Climber Mospeada and Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, the three anime they cut up and sewed back together to get Robotech.

Can always watch the Animeigo subbed episodes for that. Robotech may be a Frankenstein's*cough*Macek*cough* monster but I think it was well done how they intertwined the series and made protoculture a focal point as none of those series were related to each other at all. Despite all that I grew up watching Robotech and did not know about Macross,etc. until much later, so I will always have a special place for it.

I only care that the mecha is true to the series, everything else doesn't matter as much, I'm just glad to see it on screen even if it isn't 100% acurate with the storyline.

I wish that the Battletech: Mechwarrior movie would have been done. Was to be done by the same guy who did Fly Boys, and produced ID4. But... it never got enough funding. Maybe now it will.

Did you see the atrocity they called Robot Jox?

Nuff said.

Don't wish for Hollywood to do ANYTHING. They usually slaughter it.

I expect Robotech to be nothing like the series, nothing like Macross, and certainly nothing worthy of either names.

I'd LOVE to see some wicked CG Valkyries, but that'll be the extent of the value to me for this movie.

Shit, why can't they make a live action version of Galaxy Express 999 or Star Blazers aka Battle Cruiser Yamato?

There had better be hard-edged rapping on the soundtrack. And maybe the acting debut of a rapper as Roy.

Boob, I'ma sit on you.

:p

I'm gonna be hella-suspicious of any movie made after a cartoon or video game. Think of the lowlights that Hollywood has plagued us with:

Mario Bros.
Street Fighter
Ghost Rider
Inspector Gadget
Transformers 2007 (arguably, I'll admit that)
Masters of the Universe (a toilet clogged with one of my morning brews is more entertaining than that steaming pile of raw failure!!!)

D.O.A. (it went straight to DVD!) (although it did kick a little ass, and showed plenty of ass!)
Double Dragon
Wing Commander
Fatal Fury (come on, who's even bothered to watch half of it?)
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within (only the association with FF gave it any audience)
Tomb Raider (glorified Angelina Jolie stunt movie)
House of the Dead (ZZZZZZzzzzz....)
Doom (where... the FUCK... was the Cachodemons? Mother Brain on Crack? Cyberdemon and a million rockets???)
Alone in the.... ZZZZZzzzzzz...

The only cartoon/video game movies that actually worked, that I care to even remember, are Hellboy, Sin City, the first Mortal Kombat, and TMNT. Outside of that, garbage.

Ghost Rider was a comic book movie, as are Hellboy (you actually LIKE this piece of crap?) and Sin City. I don't think they really fit your point the way you want them to, considering that most of the comic book/graphic novel movies have actually been pretty good.

The Tomb Raider movies were decent.

I don't think the Alone in the Dark movie was based on the game at all... the game takes place in a haunted mansion, and I seem to remember the movie taking place in a cave, or sewer, or somewhere underground.

They made a Fatal Fury movie? seriously??? haha

The first Resident Evil movie was good, as was Silent Hill. I'm looking forward to the Hitman movie coming out... it's going to suck, but I'll watch anything with Tim Olyphant starring. The guy's a kickass actor. They also have a Joust (yes, JOUST!!!!!!!!!!!) movie coming out. I'll have to watch it, out of morbid curiosity, if for no other reason.

I'd kill to see a Beyond Good & Evil movie.

Can always watch the Animeigo subbed episodes for that. Robotech may be a Frankenstein's*cough*Macek*cough* monster but I think it was well done how they intertwined the series and made protoculture a focal point as none of those series were related to each other at all. Despite all that I grew up watching Robotech and did not know about Macross,etc. until much later, so I will always have a special place for it.

Same here. In fact, I recently re-watched most of Southern Cross and Next Generation (i.e., Mospeada aka the Invid War). Some of the scenes, like Roy's death and the death of General Emerson, still kinda give me the goosebumps. I'll never forget watching it during the afternoons at college, racing back to the dorm to catch it, and thinking "wow, afternoon cartoons for kiddies...with main characters getting killed off." Hell, "afternoon cartoons for kiddies...with main characters who cross-dress!" :lol:

A live-action movie, you say? Whew, I think I need to lie down and think about that for a while.
Like most of Hollywood's derivative stuff ("Hey, __________ was a huge success, so let's go to the same well and make __________!"), it will probably suck. But one can hope.

Hey Boob.

Just watched Silent Hill last night.

Allright, I'll try to go soft on this one. The monsters, the graphics, the visuals were quite inventive and creative. Very original ideas for how to kill. Very twisted. But the story itself is very broken up and noncondusive. As it went along, my brother and I spent more time arguing, "Why the hell would anyone DO that?" more than enjoying the storyline. It was really vague in a lot of ways. A little more time spent explaining certain things wouldn't have made it so annoying to follow. The ending scene when the old crone gets ripped in half was AWESOME. But the story was still so disjointed.

The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hostel had far more believable storylines. The sequence of events seemed realistic. Silent Hill seemed to forced.

But those radioactive children and the HUGE friggin' sword made up for it all! Heh heh heh!!!