Ron Varod appreciation thread.

Xfn

New Metal Member
May 28, 2010
Anything this package of love and evil cannot do?

Half suspect he's actually some negative incarnate of Driver's soul, but that'd probably be too convenient?

In all seriousness, bravo for finding him (Kayo Dot) and bravo for being a hard working musical chameleon/vessel who brings a shed load into the band (Ron).

Certain Gamma Knife wouldn't have been possible without Ron (the whole preparation to live execution being based on concepts and discussions and very little actual hands on rehearsal etc).

Hearing Ron play old material, his timing and articulation is so accurate to Toby's unique playing. He just oozes dedication to the craft.

My positive feelings about the current Kayo Dot line up have been growing and growing. Had to spill some sentiments for the guitar arrangement - If you'd have told me Toby was moving almost exclusively over to bass a couple of years ago, I'd have despaired, but after watching a few bootlegs, I'm immeasurably endeared to the setup.

I'll quite happily cut off a toe or two to jam into the cogs that bring motion to the revolving door of Kayo Dot's members if it means Ron stays on the ride.

He's not going to sleep with you, you know.

But in all seriousness I'm a bit disappointed the reviews haven't been drawing any attention to the guitar lines, they really add something texturally that the last two full lengths have lacked (no offence Toby). I hope he sticks with KD longer than the average member... Was he in any bands prior to this? I can't seem to find anything