Saddest song you've ever heard

I don't think this has been mentioned yet.
I am a huge fan of Neurosis, and band member Steve von Till released an album recently called "a Grave is a Grim Horse."
One of the songs on there is called "Willow Tree," and it is acoustic depressive awesomeness. The whole album is pretty depressing actually. I don't know if it's the saddest song I've ever heard, but right now it seems like it.

I would have to agree with the Alice in Chains statements. They have been one of my favorites forever! Layne just had this way of delivering melancholy that few can match. Jerry is a fantastic songwriter/musician.

Agalloch is pretty boring to me as well *awaits the beating*

dbjbqb.jpg

Here I can say that I wholeheartedly agree with Stefan, I've tried Agalloch several times, but there isn't a single riff, melody or phrase that even moves a single cell in my body.. I tried, I really did.. I wanted to like it.

Also I have to agree that Antimatter have written some extremely sad and down stuff, even though I'm not even a huge fan. Antimatter is a total party killer. That's Duncan Patterson's influence, he also wrote most of Anathema's darkest and saddest songs, Lost Control for instance, my god that is one miserable song.