Samsung rf511 S09 CI7 - for mixing?

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
Hey guys... im a about to buy this nice looking samsung notebook..

specs

okay ill be honest... is for gaming and mixing :D i have desktop computer for real mixing..

whats your thought? right now i am using a Asus g51vx with nvidia gtx260M dedicated 1gb

this samsung i will buy is a intel core i7, 2670QM 2.20 ghz processor, 8GB RAM, 1tb HDD, NVIDIA GT540M 2GB optimus..

do you know wich video card is better? is the GT 540M better than my actuall GTX260M?

i am doing a good purchase?

im getting it for a bit cheaper than that..

ps: for example with my asusg51vx of 4 gb of ram with core 2 duo... a cubase session with the slate digital fgx does not even load... will it load with this samsung ? anyone tried that ?

cheers!

it is a little steep, the new ivy bridge processors are out and yeah they overheat, but 2000 for a laptop, replace minus add, might be expensive. is there anyway for you to access USA websites that ship to south america?

Hey im not buying it on ebay... actually already bought it! :)

in chile is a little cheaper than that... this model is a pretty "hot" item right now. its funny couse i coudnt find this model on any USA website... i mean all of the versions like rf511 and rf712 its almost out in USA

for example i was trying to find the samsung 3D RF712 and i couldnt find it in USA and everystore here in chile is selling that 3D version.

the specs for this are:

8gb ram
Core I7 - 2670QM 2.20 ghz processor
gt 540M 2gb
1TB HDD

I really think is a real hard-core notebook for the price :)

and for 40 bucks more i added an xbox 360 as an online promotion from the store! thats awesome!

ps: i cannot deny that i wanted the Samsung RF712 3D model... but it is SO UGLY for that price...