Sans amp Bass Driver DI : running xlr and 1/4 output question

tentimesover

Mar 14, 2009
Hey Guys,
A buddy and I were talking about something and I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this or is able to give feedback on this.

Recording bass for a band tomorrow. Going to use a sansamp bass di and dial in the best tone I can get with the xlr output. I'd also like to run the parallel out and record the dry signal. Take the dry signal and smash it with fuzz or distortion and then mix it back in with the xlr output.

Does this work well or is this something that I just think might be cool?

I really like splitting the Sansamp and a regular DI tone. It might work better to run the bass through a normal DI, and send the parallel output of the clean DI into the Sansamp. But the Sansamp's parallel output will work as well.

Hey Guys,
A buddy and I were talking about something and I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this or is able to give feedback on this.

Recording bass for a band tomorrow. Going to use a sansamp bass di and dial in the best tone I can get with the xlr output. I'd also like to run the parallel out and record the dry signal. Take the dry signal and smash it with fuzz or distortion and then mix it back in with the xlr output.

Does this work well or is this something that I just think might be cool?

i track every project doing exactly this. exactly. haha