Saturday, March 19th-Worcester, MA

Hey Darkshire.....
how do I say this without being rude...
although you are entitled to your opinion on our band and we welcome it
criticizm is fine...but until you get your ass into a band and hit the road where you drive sometimes for 18 hours straight
sleep in the van and eat shit food every night and then try to give every ounce of energy you have into a show for the fans you wont know what it is like...so although we appreciate the fans posting show reviews....lets keep it a little more respectful....Stu dosnt fuckin suck!!! if he did he wouldnt be in into eternity...
if you cant say anything positive or with a little more cooth, then we don't wanna hear it ok..were busting our balls out here and making shit for it..ya dig!
Rob.

That was definately the best show i've been to in a long, long time. Into Eternity sounded great. I thought Stu did a fucking awesome job. He has quite the range, and has a real stage presence. I got to meet Rob, Tim, and Troy, and they're all cool people. Tim is the shit simply because even though his throat/equipment was fucking up, he still put on an awesome show and played everything FLAWLESSLY! And for a guy with a fucked up throat, his vocals were top notch as well. Rob was fucking cool just because he took the time to talk to me and my 2 friends before the doors opened, and he even seemed interested in hearing my band when i brought up the subject. It's nice to meet people like this who are so down to earth and cool to their fans. Other than that, the other bands put on great shows. I had'nt heard much of Single-Bullet Theory before last night, but they definately gained a new fan. So all in all, i give the night a 10/10. And i have no fucking voice right now from screaming along with the Into Eternity and Beyond The Embrace songs, and my neck hurts like a son-of-a-bitch as well.

Unfortunately they fell victim to the almost always horrible sound at the palladium, they just don't seem to have people who know what they are doing or plain out give a fuck, bands usually only sound good when they bring their own sound guy. The guitars were almost completely inaudible. As for Stu I wasn't that thrilled with his falsetto vocals, most likely just because it isn't what I'm use too after listening to the albums. The energy they put out was ridiculous and it was obvious that the large majority of the crowd was there to see them. The last dissapointment was the short set they were given, six songs just wasn't enough, hopefully they will headline back here sometime in the near future and recieve the sound they deserve.

Rob-intoeternity said:
Hey Darkshire.....
how do I say this without being rude...

Notice people always say that before being rude... anhyoo...

Rob-intoeternity said:
although you are entitled to your opinion on our band and we welcome it
criticizm is fine

And that's usually said before they rip you apart for probably having tho most honst opinion on the board...

Rob-intoeternity said:
...but until you get your ass into a band and hit the road where you drive sometimes for 18 hours straight
sleep in the van and eat shit food every night and then try to give every ounce of energy you have into a show for the fans you wont know what it is like

I never said I did know what it was like. Please point to any post of mine that stated that, I'd be interested to know when I made such a claim. I'm sure its tough to do all the things you do and then go on stage to top off the night. But you know, thats what you guys chose to do. You have nobody to blame but yourselves if the conditions get to you.

Rob-intoeternity said:
...so although we appreciate the fans posting show reviews....lets keep it a little more respectful....Stu dosnt fuckin suck!!! if he did he wouldnt be in into eternity...

Ok, perhaps I was harsh when I said Stu sucked. I'm sure hes a great guy and a talented vocalist, but what I heard that night didn't live up to my expectations. Plain and simple.

Rob-intoeternity said:
if you cant say anything positive or with a little more cooth, then we don't wanna hear it ok..

Ok, to quote myself... "Alot of energy, that was good. Cool stage presence..."

I dunno Rob, didn't that sound like I said something positive? Hell I even said the word GOOD! Perhaps next time you'll read the whole post and not just the stuff you wanted to hear before responding.

Rob-intoeternity said:
were busting our balls out here and making shit for it..ya dig!
Rob.

I don't know what the ammount of money you make has to do with any of this, but since you want to make it an issue... just remember, you get what "shit" you make from people like me who buy your CD's, buy your merch and buy concert tickets to see you live and support you. I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers, thats not what I came here to do. I just stated my honest opinion. Ya dig?

P.S. ~ See ya in June! :)

:erk: I'll have to argree with DarkShire, he did state his honest opinion and he did say that despite the bad mixing sound (not the bands fault) and that he didn't care for Stu... it won't stop him from seeing you guys again. but now I don't know because of what just happened.

I on the other hand just didn't like Stu's outrageously extremely high notes, but I fucking loved his death growls!! I definatly don't think that Stu sucks, he should try to match Chris's notes and save his off the scale air raid high notes to the brand new IE songs. But that's just me.

I still had a fucking blast and I got to see one of my ultimate favorite bands finally (you guys) and I can't wait til you come back and play a longer set!!

Rock On!!!! :worship: :headbang:

Those two guys are right, if you're gonna be in a band you need to expect criticism and blow it off like nothing, not everyone is going to like everything you do, its just a fact of life, I would probably be pissed too if people talked shit but what can you do?

Personally I think it's rude to come to a bands site and say "he sucked" when you know they read this stuff. Why didn't you tell him to his face when you seen him? I'm sure they were around after thier set. Being behind a keyboard and monitor makes it a lot easier to bash. I'll be seeing you guys in Tampa Rob, I hope you don't suck too bad! ;)

Having been in this band I can tell you it's not easy to just waltz in and please everyone with very little time as a bandmember and being on your first tour, which in this case is pretty brutal (at least we had a bus and didn't have to drive ourselves).

From what I saw, Stu did a bang-up job with very little to work with sound-wise at a shithole dive bar in New York. He also carried a lot of the vocals himself since Tim was sick that night. If you have no monitors or the sound sucks onstage, it can seriously mess you up trying to stay in key because you have to hear yourself, and he still managed to carry it off (After some pretty bad nights in Canada, I started putting an earplug in one ear so I could hear my head voice AND the band, and it worked well. I urge all vocalists to do this!). If you've had no sleep, or are sick, or anything, that can seriously affect the voice too. Despite this, at no time did Stu slow down--I swear the guy must drink a 12-pack of Red Bull before going onstage or something, lol.

Stu is adding his own element and personality to IE's sound, which is some very high range. If he can do it, he should flaunt it. If you want it to sound exactly like BIO, stay home and listen to the CD. On the next release he'll probably be letting loose with the high notes, because that's his thing. Then you'll be overjoyed to hear it when they do it live that way.

I respect honest opinions, but I know where Rob's coming from. He and the rest of the band are out there working their asses off for you. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and saying someone "sucks", especially when they don't. You'll find that musicians usually respect and even welcome constructive criticism. Even if something isn't your cup of tea, respect a band's space and find a better way to say it.

WithinAnother said:
Having been in this band I can tell you it's not easy to just waltz in and please everyone with very little time as a bandmember and being on your first tour, which in this case is pretty brutal (at least we had a bus and didn't have to drive ourselves).

From what I saw, Stu did a bang-up job with very little to work with sound-wise at a shithole dive bar in New York. He also carried a lot of the vocals himself since Tim was sick that night. If you have no monitors or the sound sucks onstage, it can seriously mess you up trying to stay in key because you have to hear yourself, and he still managed to carry it off (After some pretty bad nights in Canada, I started putting an earplug in one ear so I could hear my head voice AND the band, and it worked well. I urge all vocalists to do this!). If you've had no sleep, or are sick, or anything, that can seriously affect the voice too. Despite this, at no time did Stu slow down--I swear the guy must drink a 12-pack of Red Bull before going onstage or something, lol.

Stu is adding his own element and personality to IE's sound, which is some very high range. If he can do it, he should flaunt it. If you want it to sound exactly like BIO, stay home and listen to the CD. On the next release he'll probably be letting loose with the high notes, because that's his thing. Then you'll be overjoyed to hear it when they do it live that way.

I respect honest opinions, but I know where Rob's coming from. He and the rest of the band are out there working their asses off for you. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and saying someone "sucks", especially when they don't. You'll find that musicians usually respect and even welcome constructive criticism. Even if something isn't your cup of tea, respect a band's space and find a better way to say it.

^^^^^^^Agree 100%

I thought the show was great. Of course it would have been better if it was mixed better and if they got to play more songs, but I guess we'll just have to wait for a headlining tour for that (I'm guessing a new CD will prompt a headlining tour-there's a lot of talk about IE out there-even on this bill it seemed most in attendance were there for IE.) As far as Stu goes - I for one was impressed. I had seen IE at prog power last year and was dissapointed with the vocals. (no insult intended-I realize he was singing without very much time in the band but he just didn't seem to fit in). Stu on the other hand seemed to fit right in. He nails the mid range singing, his highs are strong and he knows how to use them and his death vocals are sick. I think he'll be an excellent lead and I can't wait to hear a new CD with him on lead vocals.

Also-it was good to meet Metal Joe and Darkshire. You should have stuck around for Amorphis- their new singer was pretty good.

Ok, I DID say I thought his high vocals sounded off, so its not like I just said "he sucked" and left it at that. I also complimented on his energy and stage presence, POSITIVELY I might add. Yes I'll agree it was a vauge comment and I should have expressed my opinion better... so without further adue...

To clarify, I meant Stus PERFOMANCE sucked. I can't vouch for his ability in general because I haven't heard him sing other than that night. So if people took my statement as I thought Stu PERSONALLY sucked, then I apologize for any confusion, that was not what I meant by it. And no I didn;t tell him in person because I didn't see him after the set. And I'm not going to hunt a guy down just to tell him I thought he did a lousy job. If by some chance he or someone from the band asked me outright what I thought, I would have said the same thing I said here. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you the same thing. I'm not gonna sugar coat shit just becasue "someone in a band" might get wind of it.

My main problem with Stu's vocals is that I though he sounded very flat on the high tones, and a lot of the harmonys with the other bandmates didn't seem to mesh well. I don't know if those were the notes he was supposed to hit for some dramatic effect, or perhaps the house sound was a factor, but either way it just didn't sound right to me. It also seemed like he was trying too hard to be more vocally dramatic instead of just letting it happen. Too many werid vocal vibrations instead of just singing.

Anyhoo, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! If anyone else has a problem with it... then it's just that... YOUR problem. :loco:

My main problem with Stu's vocals is that I though he sounded very flat on the high tones, and a lot of the harmonys with the other bandmates didn't seem to mesh well. I don't know if those were the notes he was supposed to hit for some dramatic effect, or perhaps the house sound was a factor, but either way it just didn't sound right to me. It also seemed like he was trying too hard to be more vocally dramatic instead of just letting it happen. Too many werid vocal vibrations instead of just singing.

This sounds a lot better than your first post.^^^^

I don't have a problem with how you feel at all. Your opinion is valid. I just think the way it came across the first time was not very cool to do on the IE forum.

SavaRon said:
This sounds a lot better than your first post.^^^^

I don't have a problem with how you feel at all. Your opinion is valid. I just think the way it came across the first time was not very cool to do on the IE forum.

Fair enough. :) I made my first post pretty cut and dry mainly because I felt I'd offend poeple if I went on and on about it. I'll make an attempt to be clearer next time. :headbang:

That kid had a point, it is a dickhead thing to go out of your way to tell the guy in person you thought he sucked, but saying it in general chat on a forum is no big deal its just an opinion. As for his high vocals, I like when a new vocalist for a band brings somthing new to the table, however I think they should sing the previous material before they joined as close as they can and then when and if they record a new album then add their own personal vocal touches. But thats just what I think and IE kicks ass anyways so thats all that matters!

STRONGARM said:
Also-it was good to meet Metal Joe and Darkshire. You should have stuck around for Amorphis- their new singer was pretty good.

Yeah it was cool meeting you too. :headbang:

Metaljoe and I were never at all into Amorphis, thats why we left early. Glad to hear they put on a good show. :)

JESUSATAN said:
That kid had a point, it is a dickhead thing to go out of your way to tell the guy in person you thought he sucked, but saying it in general chat on a forum is no big deal its just an opinion. As for his high vocals, I like when a new vocalist for a band brings somthing new to the table, however I think they should sing the previous material before they joined as close as they can and then when and if they record a new album then add their own personal vocal touches. But thats just what I think and IE kicks ass anyways so thats all that matters!

It's not any forum...it's IE's forum. They read this shit and and I think it's kind of shitty to do. That was my only beef with that post. How do you think the guys in the band feel when they are busting ass on tour and then check their website and read the new singer sucks? Like I said, different opinions are cool but when you are in their house I would act like you are talking to them face to face. That's just how I feel.

:yell: ok, get over it, dropping the subject... sheesh... :yuk:

I'm looking forward to the June 16th show, hopefully the sound will be better. I wonder if they'll come back with Stratovarious when they tour with them? I'd mainly go to see IE anyways, but Strato have some good tunes! I'd like to see them live too :D

SavaRon said:
It's not any forum...it's IE's forum. They read this shit and and I think it's kind of shitty to do. That was my only beef with that post. How do you think the guys in the band feel when they are busting ass on tour and then check their website and read the new singer sucks? Like I said, different opinions are cool but when you are in their house I would act like you are talking to them face to face. That's just how I feel.

If Stu just walked up to me that night and asked, "Hey man what did you think of the set?" I would have said "Well, to be honest with ya I didn't like your vocals at all, and the mixing was aweful. You guys had a lot of energy though and were fun to watch, but I felt the performance overall could have been much better."

Granted thats not quite the same as saying it "sucked" but ya know when you see something you don't like you usually say, "Man that sucks." So thats how I said it here. I figured my statement would just be ingored so I made my statement brief. It was the first time I ever saw those guys and I was hoping for more, mainly because I think IE is a killer band and I had really high expectaions. I'll be seeing them again in June, so I'll get to hear them again and hopefully I'll like the show much more the second time around. I'll be sure to introduce myself as well. :wave: