Saxons Direction

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
Does anybody no yet what direction saxons new studio album will be taking ?

example, will there be a bikeing theme to the album maybe or a war theme etc,etc, or maybe a mix of just about anything.

hopefully wouter can keep us up to date on this and probelbly will do but i just thought if anybody new now.

Here is hopeing the album will be a bit more up tempo then the last album killing ground which i thought was a good album but overall needed more up tempo songs on it :hotjump: :worship:

I also think the last few Saxon albums have lacked enough fast songs. Conquistador was the fastest on Metalhead, but even that is only really mid-tempo.

Killing Ground at least had a fastish title track and the reasonably uptempo Rock Is Our Life so lets hope the trend continues on the new album. What I'd really like to see is a fast song with a heavy riff, something Saxon can just go crazy while playing live.

Fritz is an excellent live drummer, but his studio performances on Saxon albums have seemed a bit subdued thus far I think, I'd really like to see a track where he just lets rip.

During soundcheck at some of the 2003 shows I've been to, Doug played some killer guitar riff that(as he told me later) will turn into the main theme of a song on the new album..the jammin' they did on stage with this part of the song was just to good to be true, even better than everything I heard by them for the past few years and brought up high hopes for what's to come later that year..

Best,

Karsten